Author Topic: Introduction - Newbie Looking to Make My Own Pizza  (Read 264 times)

Offline DiderotsGhost

Introduction - Newbie Looking to Make My Own Pizza
« on: July 25, 2012, 11:02:57 AM »
Hello,

I'll go by "Diderot", "Ghost", or "DG" on these forums.   I live in Atlanta, GA. 

I've been obsessed with pizza since I was a teenager.  Worked at Domino's for two years, starting when I was 15 years old.  Then I worked at Papa John's for around 7 years, starting at 17 years old.  I've done pretty much everything at a chain pizza restaurant:  in-store assistance, manage, deliver, etc. 

Pizza is an obsession for more, but I've never been much of a cook, and only recently took up breadmaking.  I signed up for this forum to help learn how to make great pizza dough, because my view is that the crust is the most important aspect.  I have also become a healthier eater over the past few years, so I like to make whole wheat pizza.

I'm here mostly to help learn how to make good whole wheat pizza dough.  Also might experiment with some other recipes, as well.

Long-term, I would love to open up my own pizza restaurant, but I need to learn a lot more about making pizza from scratch to do that.

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
Re: Introduction - Newbie Looking to Make My Own Pizza
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 11:28:59 PM »
I have never had a whole wheat pizza that made me want more.  For bread, whole wheat is all I eat, but it just doesn't work that well with pizza.  If it can be done, though, you will find your answers here, Gotz Speed!

Offline ThatsAmore

Re: Introduction - Newbie Looking to Make My Own Pizza
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 12:23:35 AM »
..... but I need to learn a lot more about making pizza from scratch to do that.

Best advice I can tell you is.... any time you make anything from scratch, it's always better if you've washed your hands afterwords  :-D

Welcome !!!

Who put that pie in my eye ?