Author Topic: new user  (Read 326 times)

Offline paulyman

new user
« on: July 25, 2012, 09:44:30 AM »
hello all

My name is Paul and I am in the process of creating a pizza shop in the NC area. I would love input into things that have and have not worked for you in the building phase and also restaurant phase.  I am looking at all different kinds of appliances and would love advise.   I am excited about this business and have alot to learn.  Thank you for all of your help

Offline scott123

Re: new user
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 03:38:58 AM »
Hi Paul, welcome to the forum.

I may be wrong, but I don't think we've had any restaurant owners here who have built places from the ground up.  We can help you build great pizzas, just not great buildings  ;D If you need help on the building side, then you might want to track down a building forum or, if one exists, a more generic restaurant forum.

Where we can definitely help, though, is on the appliance end.  We know our ovens and our mixers.

How large of a pizzeria are you planning on opening?  How many pizzas do you plan on selling a day? What style pizza are you selling?

Offline DivaDaPizza

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 10:52:43 AM »
Hi Pauly,

Newbie to this area too.  I did build from scratch and there is a lot to it.  It's not clear what phase you are at but throw out any question you may have. 

I started with my business plan, LLC, state requirements, variance, engineering, floor plan, equipment (invested in all new refrig), poured a slab for my walkin to be outside, good move....10' line/hood, 4 burner, char, flat, 2 fryers.

A lot more to offer, not sure where you are at...I could go on forever.  Invest in your people, think outside the norm when creating your menu, fresh, fresh, fresh...delivery can be huge, invest in your containers and packaging, ensure you have all your insurance requirements covered..

JJ

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 09:55:05 AM »
paulyman,

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to start a new thread in the appropriate board of the forum to pose your specific questions. Many of our members do not read the introductory posts, and it is best that meaningful discussion and information on the subject not get buried in introductory posts where almost no one looks for it. I am also trying to discourage our existing members from answering questions prematurely (other than minor ones requiring little discussion) in introductory posts, for the same reason.

Peter

pizzapan