Author Topic: Success! finally at last - 2 pics of crust + sort of unusual pizza  (Read 4644 times)

Offline naparover

• I Love Pizza!
New here....have been trying to get great crust for YEARS...found this board recently and tried Randys modified (breaf flour vs KASL), and for the first time ever, Ive made pizza that really wow'd my friends. Thanks to you all for sharing some really great recipes and advice. Chewey, dense, deep flavor, crisp, great structure. Two pics attached of one of the 4 we made (pizza 1: peperoni, pizza 2: ((this one)) citrus matinated chicken, white corn, red onion, cilantro and lime -- yeah pretty out there...but super tasty, pizza 3: simple Margarita, pizza 4: serrano ham finished with aruglua and lemmon zest. This has so encouraged me that ive ordered some good super high gluten flour to see what a diff that makes. On to more recipes!!

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Success! finally at last - 2 pics of crust + sort of unusual pizza
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 07:58:51 PM »
naparover,

Congratulations on a job well done.

Can you provide a link to the specific recipe you used? There are several different recipes for Randy's American style on the forum, plus several modifications, that it would be helpful to others to know which recipe you used.

Thanks.

Peter

Offline canadianbacon

• DoughBoy
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 08:06:17 PM »
wow, that's one fine looking pie.

Glad you had the results you have been looking for, and glad you jumped on board.

Keep up the posts, it would be nice to see your other projects.  We are a great and warm
community, and all new members are very welcomed.

Anyway, I just made pizza ( in a regtangular pan ) but this one blows it away  ;D

Mark
Pizzamaker, Rib Smoker, HomeBrewer, there's not enough time for a real job.

Offline naparover

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 08:39:30 PM »
thanks!
I used this recipe for dough:  http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,2150.0.html

I let this dough sit in fridge for 2 days (I actually trippled the recipe, mixed on friday, baked off 4 on Saturday, then this one today from leftover dough...seemed to be better than when rested just one day. I also treated the dough very gently once it sat at room temp for a few hours so as not to push out any bubbles etc....not sure wha the rules are on that but for me it worked great.

I do have to say I have a new all gas wolf range...from my experience, all gas makes better anything than electric (but im bias'd!). also ran the convection fans on. Preheadted the stone for 1 hour at max (550) or so. Sauce was simple San Marzano tomatos squished..juice and all..a bit of pepper, healthy splash olive oil and maybe 1/2 tsp oregano. not cooked at all.
this dough is the first ive ever done where the crust browns and darkens at the same rate the cheese melts..all other trys over YEARS have had crust not browning, and chese burning.

Offline Lydia

• Viddler
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 10:05:18 PM »
Very Nice
and welcome to the forum  :)

I miss my gas oven  :'(

Hmmmm, it worked well with gas-convection. Thats very good to know...thank you very much.

Now I'm wondering how this formula would work with my convection cycle (electric). I stopped using convection for pizza except for maybe a final browning and crisping of toppings.

Again Welcome and thanks

Lydia
The roundest knight at King Arthur's round table was Sir Cumference.They say he acquired his size from eating too much pi.

Offline REMOISE

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2006, 09:56:19 AM »
Yummy I will try this recipe.I too have both gas and electric ovens.I feel that my electric oven is just not hot enough.Also I will try bread flour as opose to OO Caputo.I find that napoletan pizza is fine but kids like americana pizza more.Congrats i am now even more inspired!

Offline REMOISE

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2006, 07:26:19 AM »
Hi I Too tried the recipe and it came out great...mine was with grilled italian sausages,mozzarella,parmesan,red onions and wild mashrooms(porcini) i drizzled truffle oil to give it that aroma that would blend well with the mushrooms.The outcome was more than great it was terrific! The crust had the right chewy texture yet light and crisp!

Offline canadianbacon

• DoughBoy
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2006, 01:22:48 PM »
Hi there REMOISE,

wow, that pizza really DOES look super !

Congrats on getting the dough just right.  I can see from the image that the dough
tastes really good too.  I wish I could have a bite right now.

Thanks for making me hungry  :P

Hi I Too tried the recipe and it came out great...mine was with grilled italian sausages,mozzarella,parmesan,red onions and wild mashrooms(porcini) i drizzled truffle oil to give it that aroma that would blend well with the mushrooms.The outcome was more than great it was terrific! The crust had the right chewy texture yet light and crisp!
Pizzamaker, Rib Smoker, HomeBrewer, there's not enough time for a real job.

pizzapan