Author Topic: Thanks to you all, here are my first Pizze Napoletane in my Forno Piccolo.......  (Read 9291 times)

Offline scott123

BTW, that oven is definitely chubb inducing to us WFO forlorn folks.

Maybe I'm not forlorn enough, but, between the dome height, door size and chimney position, I'm pretty limp. If ovens were women, I'd rate this about a Snooki  ;D

Not that it can't make beautiful pizza- as seen here. I just think that when it comes time to produce something Craig-ish, it could get tricky with these features.

Offline Mangia Pizza

• Lifetime Member
I have been looking at buying this oven, looking for reviews on it.  Paolo what are you impressions so far?

I absolutely love the oven and the customer service obtained thru the entire ordering process.

I wanted it customized with my last name in black tiles written below the granite slab by Giuseppe (the Forno Classico owner) and he was happy to do it for me.

I am new at this, but the oven makes an amateur like me look half way decent......

I am firing it up now for tonite's pizzas, stay tune for more pics and let's see how it does.....
Paolo

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
Scott, And that's why Snooki is known as an economy minded gal....sure, she could go for the big flashy studs an have it all. But she's happy with the junior league and the simple joys they bring.   ;)
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

jamie

Maybe I'm not forlorn enough, but, between the dome height, door size and chimney position, I'm pretty limp. If ovens were women, I'd rate this about a Snooki  ;D

Not that it can't make beautiful pizza- as seen here. I just think that when it comes time to produce something Craig-ish, it could get tricky with these features.

I guess pizza is a solitary pursuit for some ;)

Offline Mangia Pizza

• Lifetime Member
Fired up.....
Paolo

Offline Mangia Pizza

• Lifetime Member
Tonite's pizzas..... a prosciutto and figs and a margherita......

Still a long way to go in the aesthetic department, but pretty tasty....

On a positive note, I did talk to Omid tonite and he kindly offered to mentor me once he has his Piccolo perfectioned......
Paolo

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
Hey, hey!  That is awesome Paolo...congratulations.
Now.....maybe when you have that newfound knowledge it might be able to transfer to my LBE learning curve, eh?   ;D

Offline Woodfiredovenpizzero

• Nothing like a WFO Pizza in the backyard!
Very nice pizzas Paolo. Congratulations on the purchase of the Piccolo. Great choice!

Offline Mangia Pizza

• Lifetime Member
Very nice pizzas Paolo. Congratulations on the purchase of the Piccolo. Great choice!

Thank you!

I see you are a Forno Piccolo pizzaiolo too.... would love to see some of your pizza pics.....
Paolo

Offline Bobino414

• Supporting Member

Paolo

How many hours of wood burning did it take you to reach 900 degree floor temperature?

Bob

Offline Mangia Pizza

• Lifetime Member
Paolo

How many hours of wood burning did it take you to reach 900 degree floor temperature?

Bob

Minimum 1 hour, I prefer 2 hours because I love to play with it so much like shuffling the coals around the floor etc....
Paolo

Offline moose13

<-------- JEALOUS!

Great looking pies.

Offline Mangia Pizza

• Lifetime Member
Last night trying to make decent Margheritas.....
Paolo

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
Looking good again Paolo. What is your HR and have you taken temps. yet? Thanks.

Online TXCraig1

Very nice. It looks like you are coming along quickly.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline Mangia Pizza

• Lifetime Member
Thanks Bob and Craig, I still have a long way to go to, but I am pleased with my progress......

As far as the oven temps, the floor was 900F the dome over 1000F, I think I probably should turn the temp down a bit, what do you
guys think? 

What is the ideal temp in your ovens?
Paolo

Online TXCraig1

Thanks Bob and Craig, I still have a long way to go to, but I am pleased with my progress......

As far as the oven temps, the floor was 900F the dome over 1000F, I think I probably should turn the temp down a bit, what do you
guys think? 

What is the ideal temp in your ovens?

I like my floor at about 875F and the walls of the oven furthest from the fire to be at 900F+
Pizza is not bread.

Offline Mangia Pizza

• Lifetime Member
I like my floor at about 875F and the walls of the oven furthest from the fire to be at 900F+

Thanks Craig, and if I may, what kind of wood do you like to burn?

Oak, birch, elm, maple, ash, walnut....... these are the ones available up here in New England and I am ready to place an order.....
Paolo

Offline weemis

• My Pizza Web Blog
Thanks Craig, and if I may, what kind of wood do you like to burn?

Oak, birch, elm, maple, ash, walnut....... these are the ones available up here in New England and I am ready to place an order.....

Just for the record, all oak or maple or what have you are not created equal. I burn silver maple currently, and while it does burn hot, it quickly burns away to nothing. Since it was free, I don't really mind. But if I paid for it, I would definitely mind.
Nick Gore - just a dough eyed wanderer

Offline Mangia Pizza

• Lifetime Member
Ordered kiln dried hard wood, I gather that is the best way to go with a WFO......
Paolo

pizzapan