Author Topic: Thanks to you all, here are my first Pizze Napoletane in my Forno Piccolo.......  (Read 9712 times)

Offline Mangia Pizza

• Lifetime Member
Still learning how to knead dough and determine the punto di pasta...... not easy for me....
Paolo

Offline Mangia Pizza

• Lifetime Member
Tried to imitate Craig's pizzas and toppings........ (not even close).... :(

Although they tasted great!
Paolo

Online TXCraig1

I think they look beautful! The asparagus birds nest is stunning. I think you should be very proud of those pies.

Which was your favorite topping combination?

Craig
Pizza is not bread.

Offline Mangia Pizza

• Lifetime Member
I think they look beautful! The asparagus birds nest is stunning. I think you should be very proud of those pies.

Which was your favorite topping combination?

Craig

Thanks Craig, you are too kind! 

They loved all the combinations you suggested. 

Everyone thought that I was a genius with the toppings variety, I told them I had good mentors...... ;)

I actually made a quick dough this morning  for tonite.   I want to compare long to short rise dough.....

Thanks again for your suggestions.....
Paolo

Offline Mangia Pizza

• Lifetime Member
9 hour fermentation at room temp.  Less leopardization, but nonetheless very tasty....
Paolo

Offline Ev

• Supporting Member
Very nice!

Offline Michael130207

• Supporting Member
Very nice indeed! I like this last pie the best. The leopardization is less intense but more even and the cornice has that nice oval crossectional appearance. I seems light and tender to the eye. What were the deck and wall temps? Also if I may ask what are your dough making process and recipe?
Michael

Offline Mangia Pizza

• Lifetime Member
Very nice indeed! I like this last pie the best. The leopardization is less intense but more even and the cornice has that nice oval crossectional appearance. I seems light and tender to the eye. What were the deck and wall temps? Also if I may ask what are your dough making process and recipe?

Michael, thank you very much for the compliment, I am very new at this entire pizza making process.

What I have done is learned as much as possible from the gurus on this forum, Omid, TxCraig and Marco, to just mention a few.......

The deck temp in my Forno Piccolo is about 875F the walls 900F.  As far as the process for this particular batch of dough......

63% hydration
3% sea salt
0.1% Fresh yeast

Bulk fermentation 1 hr, balls fermentation 8 hrs at temps in the 65-66F range.

Prepared the dough in the morning, served pizzas at night......

BTW, great progress with your WFO, you are making some pretty good looking pies! :pizza:
Paolo

Offline Mangia Pizza

• Lifetime Member
Using Craig's formula for dough making 24hr bulk 24hr balls..... used a bit lower temp (58F) until last 4 hrs 65F to control rise better.

I liked the way the dough handled at 60% hydration 0.025% IDY (next time I will use less yeast)

I still have a long way to go on my oven/fire manipulation/baking skills.......

Not the best pictures since I had to take them quickly just before the pies got attacked..... they were delicious! 

A big thanks to Craig for sharing his formula/technique.....
Paolo

Online TXCraig1

Paolo, I think they look very nice, and I believe you will be where you want to be in no time. You are very artistic with your toppings.

Craig
Pizza is not bread.

Offline Mangia Pizza

• Lifetime Member
Paolo, I think they look very nice, and I believe you will be where you want to be in no time. You are very artistic with your toppings.

Craig

Thank you very much!
Paolo

Offline Mangia Pizza

• Lifetime Member
My rendition of the Doppia Bufala......

Added orange pepper as the sun, asparagus stalk for a tree trunk and brussels sprout as the top of the tree.....

A guess it could be a "vegeterianish" kind of a pizza.....

Guests liked the artistic aspect of it, and it didn't taste too bad either.....

Still a long way to go, but fun to make......

The dough had been fermented for 18 hrs......
Paolo

Offline Mangia Pizza

• Lifetime Member
Kumquat and lemon pizza..... very sweet flavor, definetly a keeper.....
Paolo

Offline RobynB

• Lifetime Member
Ooooo, I like that!!  Will have to try it if our kumquat tree actually produces this year.  Great idea!

Offline Mangia Pizza

• Lifetime Member
A couple of new pizzas for me......

Pear and lemon with balsamic glaze

Fresh corn
Paolo

Offline Mangia Pizza

• Lifetime Member
My first pizzas with Ischia starter......  They tasted the best of all the ones I have made so far.....
Paolo

Offline pizza dr

Those look really good... I would purchase and be very happy

Like the "micro" leopard spots your getting.  I'm trying to achieve the same but it is difficult to get that consistently.  Very nice

Scot

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
Looks REALLY good ! Inmy eye  best yet  ! What  else did you change with the workflow after using the  ischia?
thanks for posting
john
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline wheelman

• Lifetime Member
those live yeast pies are awesome! 
bill 

Offline Mangia Pizza

• Lifetime Member
Guys, you are too kind....... but thank you!

First of all, I am glad I didn't kill my 4 month old Ischia culture, I read every thread on the subject and consulted with Omid and TXCraig as far as procedures.....

The dough was made using TXCraig culture workflow sheet from his culture calculator thread.......

100% Caputo pizzeria
62% hydration (Evian water)
2.4% salt
5% culture

3 slap and fold, 12 hr bulk, 12 hr balls 68-69F

As far as my oven management I heated it up for 5 hrs, covered the floor with a pizza tray (ala Omid) during the last heating hour removing it just prior to inserting dough

baked for 60 seconds with live flame rolling over dome.....

The taste was just awesome, soft and juicy, my best tasting ( and looking ever).....

I have a loooooooooooong way to go to make them look esthetically pleasing as the masters on this board (everyone knows who they are), but I am pleased with my progress so far, especially in the way they tasted.....

A big thanks to all of you mentored me so far........ :pizza:

Paolo

pizzapan