Author Topic: not sure if my broiler is operating correctly  (Read 649 times)

Offline Chet

not sure if my broiler is operating correctly
« on: July 28, 2012, 06:39:13 PM »
We have a fairly new Whirlpool electric oven, I don't have the model number in front of me. but my wife says it is not working right, the other day we needed to use the broiler for a chicken recipe, we turned on the broiler, waited about 3 minutes and we were going to put the chicken in, and my wife said the broiler is very dim, I opened the oven to check it and the broiler element was very dim, after about 45 seconds the broiler got bright, well to make this short, my wife said on the old electric stove the broiler stayed bright red, this new oven seems to be thermostatically controlled, if it is how can it dim itself in less than a minute from a cold oven,  we are having a heck of a time cooking this chicken, are there any alternatives to get this  broiler element to stay on, because I am also about to try to put my pizza pie under the broiler for the last 30 seconds of my bake.

PS might be looking for suggestions for a new electric oven, something that the oven will get HOT like 550 deg or better and a broiler that works

Chet

Offline scott123

Re: not sure if my broiler is operating correctly
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 07:59:57 PM »
Chet, it takes my old GE oven a couple of minutes for the broiler to glow bright red.  4 minutes seem like a long time, but perhaps that's what it needs to get revved up. Once it goes on, with the door open, does it stay on?

pizzapan