Author Topic: First pizza in my new Roundboy  (Read 1502 times)

Offline slopeyjoe

First pizza in my new Roundboy
« on: July 29, 2012, 09:04:50 PM »
I fired up the new wfo today for it's first test run.  I was able to get temps at 900+ on the floor and roof in under an hour time.  I just piled in a bunch of wood and let it go until the oven roof turned white.  I did two pizzas at about 2 mins each.  They came out pretty good.  I am still waiting for my oven tools to arrive ( peel and banjo peel) so it was a little difficult cooking at the high temps with a short wood peel and BBQ spatula, but I couldn't wait.

If you are considering the round boy oven it is a good choice for the budget minded without unlimited pizza funds.

I will post pics but my iPad won't let me add attachments for some reason. 

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
Re: First pizza in my new Roundboy
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 09:09:37 PM »
They are too large if it won't let you attach them.  Shoot for 600x450 for a typical size.

Offline slopeyjoe

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 09:19:23 PM »
Na the choose attachment button is grayed out.  I assume it is an iPad/ safari issue.

Offline pizzaneer

• Pizza and zen more pizza
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 09:26:40 PM »
I can attest Google Chrome works fine, and Firefox.  There are versions for Ipad.  I'm not familiar with Safari's later editions since Leopard.

Looking forward to seeing your pics.
I'd rather eat one good meal a day than 3 squares of garbage.

Offline slopeyjoe

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 07:39:17 AM »
Pic 1 and 2 is of the RoundBoy Oven, put together in under 2 hours.  Picture 3 is the Brussels Sprouts, Bacon, Fontina Cheese, Cherry Tomato, EVOO, Sea Salt.  Picture 4 is the Eggplant, Artichoke Hearts, Feta, Cherry Tomato, Roasted Garlic.

They turned out OK for the first go around.  It will only get better from here!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 07:42:32 AM by slopeyjoe »

Offline Bigfoot21075

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 08:11:50 AM »
CONGRATS On the new WFO!!! The banjo peel will make your life MUCH easier! We did two of our best pizzas yet last weekend followed by a loaf of no knead sour dough (recipe from breadtopia). You already have the secret, load it up burn it until the cieling turns white, brush aside the coals and slide the pies in! We are LOVING our ROundboy as well!  :chef:

pizzapan