Author Topic: Cracker style  (Read 1638 times)

Offline Jimmy V

• I Love Pizza / Fishing/ and Drag Racing.
Cracker style
« on: July 30, 2012, 10:30:32 PM »
a pic of my Cracker style crust. I wont change a thing, and I'll never eat another commercial pizza, Im spoiled on this.

Offline nick57

• Supporting Member
Re: Cracker style
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 10:40:09 PM »
Wow!! That looks great. It looks really thin and crispy. Maybe I need to roll my next one a little thinner. Makes me want to make a batch of dough right now. The next one I'll do the 48 hour rise like yours.

Offline Jimmy V

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 10:51:51 PM »
I have to thank you for the recipe Nick.  I rolled it out to the thickness of a dime.  515  degree oven.. only preheated the stone for about 15 minutes,, threw a little corn meal on the stone right before I put the  dough on it, par baked for about 3-4 minutes. using Mozzerela, provalon, Cheddar, and a light sprinkle of parmesean cheese,, its great. For the sausage.... I got a package of sausage seasoning.. and mixed that with ground beef, tastes just like sausage..  The Sauce.... Im still working on  but this thin crust is awesome.
Also.. I dont use my docker  I just use a fork.. this gives me more air bubbles. Pizzamaking is a GREAT site with tons of info.

Offline ThatsAmore

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 11:06:29 PM »
Nice looking pie there Jimmy.

I know what you mean about eating commercial pie anymore.  I have same issues eating BBQ out as well.

Who put that pie in my eye ?

Offline Jimmy V

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 11:08:58 PM »
even the better pizza joints have now switched to pre made crusts.. what a shame.

Offline mykall

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 11:49:56 PM »
Super...super pie Jimmy!  I think in the pizza world there has been a lot lost on the thin and crispy.  If it's not somehow  NY stretch or classic Neopolitan.... it's third wheel.  Fair enough I'm not going to get into the politics.  But  I've said many times and believed many more that the most delicious pies I EVER had were some sort of thin crust.  I'm hard at work on this myself.   Let's keep this thread alive and well!  Thanks for sharing!

Offline Jimmy V

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 12:07:01 AM »
I will post more pics in the future. We'll keep this going.  Going to try making a Philly Steak pizza,, and a pizza with white sauce and shrimp. All cracker style crusts.

pizzapan