Author Topic: GoreMade Pizza Mobile WFO photos  (Read 7826 times)

Offline weemis

• My Pizza Web Blog
GoreMade Pizza Mobile WFO photos
« on: July 31, 2012, 01:55:04 PM »
I've been wanting to upload some pictures for a while now seeing as how you all love OPP (other people's pizzas), but rarely find the time to take and upload photos. I did a gig for a friend in exchange for him carving me a walking stick, so I was able to take some time to photo some of my pizzas and the event.

I purchased my mobile WFO used last september from a guy who got out of the business. I didn't know a damn thing about WFOs, but this pretty much fell into my lap, so I went for it. With winter right behind my purchase and then the oven going in the shop to get a make-over for nearly 4 months, I've only really been able to use it for about 6 or so months. Now I'm trying to get the mobile WFO business going. I've been doing gigs for friends and have been learning so much! I've still got a lot of fancying up to do with my set up presentation, but I'm finally in the vicinity of where I want to be with my pies.

Notice in the setup picture the art truck with beer can dragon in the back! also, I just got some fancy new oven tools from John C while on vacation. We were an hour away from his house, so he strapped them on his harley and drive up to the lake house we were staying in. What a guy! And what a difference a good peel can make! I friggin love it! Thanks John!

pies:
pepperoni and sausage with fresh mozz and a hot pepper infused olive oil
oven roasted red pepper, red onion, mushroom, fresh mozz and goat cheese with sunflower sprouts and balsamic reduction post-bake
smoked oyster and oven roasted shiitake with fresh mozz, olive oil and some smoked sea salt.
Nick Gore - just a dough eyed wanderer

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
Re: GoreMade Pizza Mobile WFO photos
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 03:03:48 PM »
For only 6 months that looks really good, looks like you've been doing it for a while.

BTW what brand oven is that, is it an Ambrigo?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 03:05:28 PM by BrickStoneOven »

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 03:05:28 PM »
What a beautiful set of pizzas. The dough looks spot on. Congrats to you.

John

Offline weemis

• My Pizza Web Blog
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 03:53:03 PM »
For only 6 months that looks really good, looks like you've been doing it for a while.

BTW what brand oven is that, is it an Ambrigo?

I'm pretty sure the oven was made by the guy I bought it from, but I can't answer any questions beyond that. He's quite a guy to talk to, but I never seem to get answers to the questions I ask. He usually just starts rambling on about god knows what, but it's always a hoot anyway.

What a beautiful set of pizzas. The dough looks spot on. Congrats to you.

John

thanks John. my pizzas improved exponentially since digging into this forum!

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 04:53:49 PM »
Nick,
Glad the tools are working out ! Its what they are turning that looks even better! great work on the pies!! dough looks awesome. It was a pleasure meeting you and your lovley wife and the new  little guy hes adorable ! ;D
Allways great to talk pizza  with a fellow Mobile operator
Best of luck  its a no brainer with poies like that!
John C.
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline weemis

• My Pizza Web Blog
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 05:02:03 PM »
Nick,
Glad the tools are working out ! Its what they are turning that looks even better! great work on the pies!! dough looks awesome. It was a pleasure meeting you and your lovley wife and the new  little guy hes adorable ! ;D
Allways great to talk pizza  with a fellow Mobile operator
Best of luck  its a no brainer with poies like that!
John C.

The pleasure was all ours, sir! you saved us more hours of driving in our already stacked trip, not to mention the shipping cost! Thanks for the kind words!

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 05:24:40 PM »
weemis,

This is just awesome man...so glad you finally found time to post up what you are into...dang you are look'in good!!  A close up of that killah wrap on the truck would be fun for all....not to mention that new walking stick you're sport'in !   ;D  Thanks and good luck.....

"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline Jet_deck

• Supporting Member
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 05:53:34 PM »
Is the oven a dragon? Killer looking setup.
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2012, 11:28:47 PM »
weemis, pm me i got a request to do a ohio state tail gate party 9/1/12 ,to far for me. looking at your pies i see they would be a happy group. i will give you the contact info.

Offline weemis

• My Pizza Web Blog
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2012, 11:36:14 AM »
weemis,

This is just awesome man...so glad you finally found time to post up what you are into...dang you are look'in good!!  A close up of that killah wrap on the truck would be fun for all....not to mention that new walking stick you're sport'in !   ;D  Thanks and good luck.....

Thanks, Bob. It's cool to finally share it with people who care! The oven was a dumpy ol' thing before I found someone to do it up right. I paid him to put in sinks and hot water, and he spent 4 months making it what it is today, no extra charge! he just wanted it to look professional. only problem is, I still don't have hot running water. He did everything but. I'm not complaining, as he probably did $20,000 worth of work (4 months!) for next to nothin. It's just unfortunate that i still don't have the required hot running water. I'll attach the photos I have access to here at work of the before and after. check out the friggin door! It was so heavy that he added an 8 lb counter weight to make it work! all custom, from scratch! not to mention the added collapsable SS prep table, the wrap job, the sinks he built, the panting of the trailer. He repositioned the oven, balanced it, took off the back gate that had no business being there... he even rounded off all the sharp corners. The detailed work he put into this oven was amazing!

The walking stick has a long way to go before being finished, so no pics as of yet.

Is the oven a dragon? Killer looking setup.

This would be awesome, but no. The gig I was doing was for an art car friend of mine, Bob. He's the one carving my stick, and is big into dragons. This is his art truck, complete with beer dragon.

weemis, pm me i got a request to do a ohio state tail gate party 9/1/12 ,to far for me. looking at your pies i see they would be a happy group. i will give you the contact info.

will do!

Offline PizzaPolice

• Supporting Member
  • WFO-Where Art & Physics meet - Heat is the Arbiter
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2012, 12:02:03 PM »
WTG, sir.  Very Nice pies.  I looked at the first picture for 5 minutes trying to get an idea what the trailer looks like. THEN I saw the truck.  Good thing I'm retired.

Offline weemis

• My Pizza Web Blog
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2012, 12:14:37 PM »
I tried a plethora of new things this past sunday. I had a few ends of bags of flour that i needed to get rid of, so the dough was a mixture of three different kinds of flour. Normal practice is a 18-24 hr cold ferment, but I let this one go for 48 this time. I also heated the oven up for about 7 hours as opposed to the normal 2ish hours after reading craig's talk of the oven coming to heat vs. being saturated with heat. I loved the results! Thanks craig for the tip on oven heat management. It was awesome!

My dough had a more even browning this time with a diminished amount of spotting on the outer crust, but I changed so many things this time around that it's hard to tell what was the contributing factor. Either way, it was a scrumptious bit of pizza eating that cleared out my straggling flour bags! I only managed to take pictures of the first pizza before I got lost in pizza. A spicy margherita! YUM!

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2012, 12:26:33 PM »
The pies look great Nick. Glad the oven tip helped.

A couple questions on the first pies in the thread.

- Where do you get sunflower sprouts and what do they taste like?
- Were the smoked oysters canned? If so, how did they work out on the pizza? Do they get dry? Did that pie taste as good as it sounds?
Pizza is not bread.

Offline weemis

• My Pizza Web Blog
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2012, 12:57:41 PM »
The pies look great Nick. Glad the oven tip helped.

A couple questions on the first pies in the thread.

- Where do you get sunflower sprouts and what do they taste like?
- Were the smoked oysters canned? If so, how did they work out on the pizza? Do they get dry? Did that pie taste as good as it sounds?

Thanks!

The sunflower sprouts come from a local guy here in Columbus who also does micro greens. He sells em at the farmer's market and a couple local food stores. I like them because they hold up well to heat, they're a nice size for easy use without prep, and add a nice fresh look and taste to the finished pie. Their texture speaks louder than their mild flavor. I grew some on my own a couple times. Just a shallow rectangular container with an inch or two of dirt. Litter with sunflower seeds and water regularly. You'll have a bunch in a week or two!

The oysters were indeed canned. Someone brought them over to my house for a pizza sunday and I found em weeks later. The pie worked great, though I'm not a fan of canned oysters. It was the only pie that the group asked for a second one of. I put the oysters down first, and they come oiled in the can along with an olive oil base for the pie , so they didn't dry out too much. It was a hit with everyone but me.  :-\

Offline RobynB

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2012, 03:31:17 PM »
Craig, if you have not tried sunflower sprouts, you are in for a treat.  I'm not at all a person that likes sprouts, but I LOVE sunflower sprouts.  Whole Foods here in CA sells them, but maybe that's just because it's California  ;) 

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2012, 03:33:30 PM »
I'll look next time I'm near one, else I'll grow some. In the past, I've grown lots of sprouts. I even had a little rotating wheat grass crop and made wheat grass juice daily.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline Chaze215

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2012, 06:43:20 PM »
wee: Those are some nice looking pizzas you're putting out. Good luck! I want to know the story behind that truck and beer can dragon...lol
Chaz

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2012, 06:48:48 PM »
weemis,

I agree you are making tasty looking pizzas!  :)

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline jeffereynelson

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2012, 02:41:46 AM »
I really like the look of the bottom of that pizza.

Offline weemis

• My Pizza Web Blog
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2012, 11:22:09 AM »
wee: Those are some nice looking pizzas you're putting out. Good luck! I want to know the story behind that truck and beer can dragon...lol

Thanks! I have several friend here in columbus, including myself, who have art cars. This is my friend bob's beer can dragon. He likes dragons, and for a parade one year, he made it to spit water out at the crowd. Just a creative endeavor by a creative buddy!

weemis,

I agree you are making tasty looking pizzas!  :)

Norma

Thanks, Norma! It tastes tasty, too! ;)

I really like the look of the bottom of that pizza.

I do, too! This was a result of the longer oven heating, and something I'll be working into my pep time from here on out.

Always learning!!!

pizzapan