Author Topic: GoreMade Pizza Mobile WFO photos  (Read 8310 times)

Offline weemis

• My Pizza Web Blog
Re: GoreMade Pizza Mobile WFO photos
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2012, 12:47:28 PM »
I'm thinking that is a $10 two topping pizza, $1 each addl. topping.  Give the first one away.  Make sure to walk all the way through the bar so everyone sees it.  You'll be out of dough soon.

Thanks for the suggestion, Gene. I'm sure they won't be able to resist once they get a taste. I'm thinking that I should have a little write up about making everything in small batches by hand to give the price a little more legitimacy. Also, not sure how much to bring, but I'm thinking it'll be light. They don't expect too many people. Just doing it to get a feel for what to expect in the future.
Nick Gore - just a dough eyed wanderer

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2012, 01:19:01 PM »
Just do the $10 for the Margheita 12" ? all day long ! you can do 1 topping or veggies for same price to keep it simple or add $2 bucks for either selection (better have that pile of Roni there) would not offer more than 2 price options, rgardless of toppings and keep it to 3 choices otherwise its  too confusing, and time consuming . So yes best of luck bring the 140 !! cha ching$!
pizza looks great !! I 'll give to $10 bucks for that Bad boy any day of the week !!
john
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline weemis

• My Pizza Web Blog
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2012, 08:34:50 AM »
Just do the $10 for the Margheita 12" ? all day long ! you can do 1 topping or veggies for same price to keep it simple or add $2 bucks for either selection (better have that pile of Roni there) would not offer more than 2 price options, rgardless of toppings and keep it to 3 choices otherwise its  too confusing, and time consuming . So yes best of luck bring the 140 !! cha ching$!
pizza looks great !! I 'll give to $10 bucks for that Bad boy any day of the week !!
john

A friend of mine suggested a dollar a slice for a 11" cheese pie cut into 12 (tiny little things). Whole pepperoni, mushroom or cheese pies for $10 (cash only). Since there's a cover to get in and it's a halloween party, we'll all be hangin out together all night. For those folks who don't wanna spend $10, they can spend a buck and get a sample.

Probably only gonna bring 60-70 pies. We'll see how this goes and adjust for next time. I love your enthusiasm though, John! If I had a mixer (besides my hands!) that could handle 50 lbs of flour, I might think about it.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2012, 10:44:38 AM »
A $2 sample would look a lot better I think...cut a pie into 6?  :chef:
Hope you sell out Nick...good luck!
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline weemis

• My Pizza Web Blog
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2012, 11:08:07 AM »
A $2 sample would look a lot better I think...cut a pie into 6?  :chef:
Hope you sell out Nick...good luck!

Yeah... you're prolly right here. Thanks Bob!

Offline weemis

• My Pizza Web Blog
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2012, 12:04:47 PM »
This weekend, I made a batch of 20 dough balls using the same formula and similar temperatures (63-64). Bulk fermented for 8 hours then balled. I started using the dough 6 hours later. At 8 hours, I noticed that it started coming out really well. I got no pictures this time, but I'm thinking that this recipe in this temperature shines around 18 hours. For convenience sake, I'm gonna test out a little less yeast, maybe .02%, for a 24 hr room temp ferment. The bulk amount will be 4x larger this time, so i'm not sure how this'll all work out. Got 2 gigs in one day coming up along with a 10 hr work day... this is gonna be interesting!

It's exciting to refine dough management for specific temperatures.
That for all the assistance thus far!

Offline weemis

• My Pizza Web Blog
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2012, 08:10:23 AM »
My first public pizza gig is tonight, and it has been the predominant thought in my mind for weeks! I chose to make 36 dough balls. Toppings include local Pepperoni, Double Smoked Bacon, Sweet Onion, local Pan Fried Shiitake, Roasted Red Peppers and local Sunflower Sprouts. I just picked up an insulated pizza box that has 5 racks for pizzas, so storing slices for quick-sale just got a bit easier!

Nervous and excited! 

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2012, 08:35:22 AM »
Nick,

Best of luck and congrats on your first pizza gig!  :) I am sure you will do well.  Take some photos if you find time.

Norma

Always working and looking for new information!

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2012, 09:17:19 AM »
Very cool. I'm sure you will do famously.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline weemis

• My Pizza Web Blog
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2012, 11:23:50 AM »
Words of encouragement can do so much!
Thanks Norma and Craig!

HURRAY FOR SUPPORT!

Offline bakeshack

« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2012, 12:50:28 PM »
Good luck!  Just don't forget to smile and have fun even if you are trembling inside.  ;D

Offline weemis

• My Pizza Web Blog
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2012, 01:19:21 PM »
yes, sir! no trembles yet, but every time I think I've got everything I need, 10 more things come into my mind.
Here's to learning what I need by doing it and finding out what I forgot to anticipate!

Offline bfguilford

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2012, 01:57:29 PM »
Have a great event, Nick. We'll all be with you in spirit (although I'd rather be there with spirits).

Barry
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline weemis

• My Pizza Web Blog
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2012, 02:07:16 PM »
Have a great event, Nick. We'll all be with you in spirit (although I'd rather be there with spirits).

Barry

Thanks, Barry! Speaking of spirits, I wonder if the bar'll trade pizza for booze?  ;D
Good thing I took tomorrow off work!

Offline weemis

• My Pizza Web Blog
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2012, 10:19:20 AM »
Still recovering from wednesday night, but a quick report. I went through about 1/3 of the dough balls I brought, most of the business from midnight to 2am leaving me standing around a lot. Slices quickly were erased from the menu board, as I couldn't keep them the quality I wanted them to be. In order to keep the cheap option, I was just cutting dough balls in half for a 5" pie. My first customer ordered two slices, and after tasting it, he ordered a whole pie to take home. There were probably three or 4 people who really appreciated what I had to offer. The rest of em were drunk and needing to fill their bellies, ordering cheese or pepperoni and ignoring the local organic oven-roasted shiitake and roasted red peppers, the local double smoked bacon, sunflower sprouts and candy onions. I ended up home at 3 am, and stayed up until 10 am cooking the hell out of the remaining dough into bread and pizza for the freezer and drinking a bottle of port wine with a friend. My alarm went off on my cell phone at 5:46 am marking the 24 hour mark of workin my a$$ off. When my wife and son woke up at around 8, I made them a delicious breakfast pizza breakfast. Bed at 10am was so wonderful. My body just couldn't take any more.

I learned a ton, so the basic break-even marathon event was not for nothing. I lined this gig up with another gig on saturday just so all the ingredients wouldn't go to waste. I've got very little prep to do for saturday, which is pretty awesome. It was basically a crash course in selling drunk people pizza. and after that night, I think I'll stick to catered events, and maybe some large music events. We'll have to see about the latter once I do one or two.

pics to come.

Offline weemis

• My Pizza Web Blog
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2012, 11:41:06 AM »
here's a photo of the halloween gig. Had fun, even if I didn't make any money!

pizzapan