Author Topic: GoreMade Pizza Mobile WFO photos  (Read 9711 times)

Offline bakeshack

Re: GoreMade Pizza Mobile WFO photos
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2012, 12:50:28 PM »
Good luck!  Just don't forget to smile and have fun even if you are trembling inside.  ;D

Offline weemis

• My Pizza Web Blog
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2012, 01:19:21 PM »
yes, sir! no trembles yet, but every time I think I've got everything I need, 10 more things come into my mind.
Here's to learning what I need by doing it and finding out what I forgot to anticipate!
Nick Gore - just a dough eyed wanderer

Offline bfguilford

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2012, 01:57:29 PM »
Have a great event, Nick. We'll all be with you in spirit (although I'd rather be there with spirits).

Barry
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline weemis

• My Pizza Web Blog
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2012, 02:07:16 PM »
Have a great event, Nick. We'll all be with you in spirit (although I'd rather be there with spirits).

Barry

Thanks, Barry! Speaking of spirits, I wonder if the bar'll trade pizza for booze?  ;D
Good thing I took tomorrow off work!

Offline weemis

• My Pizza Web Blog
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2012, 10:19:20 AM »
Still recovering from wednesday night, but a quick report. I went through about 1/3 of the dough balls I brought, most of the business from midnight to 2am leaving me standing around a lot. Slices quickly were erased from the menu board, as I couldn't keep them the quality I wanted them to be. In order to keep the cheap option, I was just cutting dough balls in half for a 5" pie. My first customer ordered two slices, and after tasting it, he ordered a whole pie to take home. There were probably three or 4 people who really appreciated what I had to offer. The rest of em were drunk and needing to fill their bellies, ordering cheese or pepperoni and ignoring the local organic oven-roasted shiitake and roasted red peppers, the local double smoked bacon, sunflower sprouts and candy onions. I ended up home at 3 am, and stayed up until 10 am cooking the hell out of the remaining dough into bread and pizza for the freezer and drinking a bottle of port wine with a friend. My alarm went off on my cell phone at 5:46 am marking the 24 hour mark of workin my a$$ off. When my wife and son woke up at around 8, I made them a delicious breakfast pizza breakfast. Bed at 10am was so wonderful. My body just couldn't take any more.

I learned a ton, so the basic break-even marathon event was not for nothing. I lined this gig up with another gig on saturday just so all the ingredients wouldn't go to waste. I've got very little prep to do for saturday, which is pretty awesome. It was basically a crash course in selling drunk people pizza. and after that night, I think I'll stick to catered events, and maybe some large music events. We'll have to see about the latter once I do one or two.

pics to come.

Offline weemis

• My Pizza Web Blog
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2012, 11:41:06 AM »
here's a photo of the halloween gig. Had fun, even if I didn't make any money!

pizzapan