Author Topic: Can anyone help me with my memory stick and loading pictures to my computer?  (Read 4932 times)

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
Contact information and hours of operation

To contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support, telephone (800) MICROSOFT (642-7676).
In Canada, call (877)568-2495.
Microsoft Customer Service hours of operation:
Monday through Friday,5:00 AM- 9:00 PM Pacific Time
Saturday and Sunday,6:00 AM – 3:00 PM Pacific Time

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Bill,  Thank you!  I think I'm ready to get rid of microsoft. Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
Bill,  Thank you!  I think I'm ready to get rid of microsoft. Norma

Sounds sensible given all these problems. BTW, Apple has a very easy 14-day return policy:

http://store.apple.com/us/help/returns_refund#policy

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
Bill,  Thank you for the link!  I am still trying to get these problems resolved, but think my next computer will be an Apple. Norma

Offline pizzaneer

• Pizza and zen more pizza
Don't toss the borked-up computers please.  I'm confident that they can run Linux, and as such could still be useful to you or someone else as backup systems.

Apple's great, albeit more expensive than PC's in general.  It's too bad an experience like this is what made you decide.  I've been using Macs all my life, since grade school.  ("BRIAN!!! WHY ARE THE COMPUTERS IN THE COMPUTER LAB SAYING THEY ARE GOING TO MELT DOWN??!!!  I even got to be the student assistant in the computer lab.  >:D
I'd rather eat one good meal a day than 3 squares of garbage.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
Brian,  I am stubborn,  I am not ready to toss the computers yet.  Maybe I am ready for Lixux.  I can see you in the computer lab..LOL.   I sure wish I was better on the cellphone  too.  Thanks for helping!  Norma
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 06:49:58 PM by norma427 »

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
Just to update this thread.  My daughter’s laptop is now working well  I also took my desktop computer back up to the shop and told them I won’t pay anymore money to get it fixed.  The technician said he might have to take all my information off of the desktop hard drive and put it on another hard drive and do a factory restore and then put my information back on the desktop hard drive.  I said that is okay, but I won’t pay anymore money for them to do that, when they could have removed the viruses in the first place and then did the same thing.

I did purchase a new memory card for my camera yesterday.

Norma

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
You go girl!   >:(
Good luck...
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
You go girl!   >:(
Good luck...

Bob,

Lol!  :-D  Thanks for the good luck!   :)

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
To let anyone know, (that might be interested) my regular computer is now repaired.  I am glad to have it back again.  I can even upload the pictures that I took the other day using my old memory card.  The man that worked on my desktop today was very nice.  I picked-up the computer right before they closed today and it didn't cost me any more money.   :)

Thanks again to everyone that helped me on this thread!   ;D

Norma

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
That's great boss....but those guys owe you a 'lil favor one day if ya know what I mean.... ;)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
That's great boss....but those guys owe you a 'lil favor one day if ya know what I mean.... ;)

Bob,

I am not the boss..lol.  :-D  I don't know what kind of favor those guys owe me.  I knew when I took my desktop computer to those guys it would probably be expensive.  My daughters laptop just needed a reinstalled grapics drivers.  I guess when I loaded the driver for my daughters camera it conficted with the grapics drivers.  I sure wanted to get her laptop fixed because I was the one that messed it up.

Norma

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
Norma Dear,

As everyone likes to say here....you are waaay too humble! You truly ARE "Da Boss"....jus ask Ev, he'll confirm this sitchamacation.   ;D

Those techies owe our den mom a favor for mess'in with her time away from givin'in much love to our forum here, silly!

Boy Norma....I KNOW you glad you got your daughters thing straightened out.....man do I know that.... :-D
So glad this, yet another escapade of yours, came out smelling like a rose.... :angel:

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
Norma Dear,

As everyone likes to say here....you are waaay too humble! You truly ARE "Da Boss"....jus ask Ev, he'll confirm this sitchamacation.   ;D

Those techies owe our den mom a favor for mess'in with her time away from givin'in much love to our forum here, silly!

Boy Norma....I KNOW you glad you got your daughters thing straightened out.....man do I know that.... :-D
So glad this, yet another escapade of yours, came out smelling like a rose.... :angel:

Bob,

Steve wouldn’t say I am the boss, we are equals in my opinion.  Sometimes he knows more and sometimes I know more.  We just put our heads together sometimes and most of the time neither of us know the answers.  :-D

I appreciate your second comment, but many really good members have left this forum and the forum seems to get along just fine.  I wouldn’t be any different.   

My daughter wasn’t even upset her laptop didn’t work, because she doesn’t use it.  She said just pitch it.  I believe in trying to fix things if they can be fixed and her laptop wasn’t any different than other things.

I might have looked like I came out smelling like a rose, but after those two computers went on the fritz, I realize how dependent I am for a computer to be working.  Not really a good thing in my opinion.  :-\

Norma

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
Bob,

Steve wouldn’t say I am the boss, we are equals in my opinion.  Sometimes he knows more and sometimes I know more.  We just put our heads together sometimes and most of the time neither of us know the answers.  :-D

I appreciate your second comment, but many really good members have left this forum and the forum seems to get along just fine.  I wouldn’t be any different.   

My daughter wasn’t even upset her laptop didn’t work, because she doesn’t use it.  She said just pitch it.  I believe in trying to fix things if they can be fixed and her laptop wasn’t any different than other things.

I might have looked like I came out smelling like a rose, but after those two computers went on the fritz, I realize how dependent I am for a computer to be working.  Not really a good thing in my opinion.  :-\

Norma
'Cmon Norma, you an I know that Steve is a gentleman....it is his disposition to not let on that you are in charge...he delicately helps to take weight off from your shoulders whilst simultaneously colaborating to ensure that YOUR pie's are the best they can be. You two have such an admirable friendship, Norma, and we here all greatly benefit from it. So,O.K........ you're not the Boss (Ev prolly is anyway ;D)....instead, I think that you are Boss baby.....you dig? Really cool man.... 8)   Jus don't go let'in it go to your head now... ;)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
'Cmon Norma, you an I know that Steve is a gentleman....it is his disposition to not let on that you are in charge...he delicately helps to take weight off from your shoulders whilst simultaneously colaborating to ensure that YOUR pie's are the best they can be. You two have such an admirable friendship, Norma, and we here all greatly benefit from it. So,O.K........ you're not the Boss (Ev prolly is anyway ;D)....instead, I think that you are Boss baby.....you dig? Really cool man.... 8)   Jus don't go let'in it go to your head now... ;)

Bob,

I know Steve is a gentleman.  He also likes to joke around too, which makes him fun to be around. I am lucky to have Steve as a friend and also lucky to have been able to see bakes in his different ovens.  Steve’s wife is also a wonderful person.  Without being able to see how different ovens work, I would not have been able to see how Neapolitan pies bake, or even had my best NY style pizza I have ever eaten.  We both still scratch our heads many times though about why something happens with different pizzas.

I don’t think I am the kind of person that lets something go to my head, but that is just my opinion.  It takes this whole forum for either of us to move forward.  Both of us have learned a lot on the forum.

Norma

Offline pizzaneer

• Pizza and zen more pizza
Norma,
  glad to hear the computers are both working again.  I'm glad because you now have the opportunity to get all your files backed up onto a removable plug-in hard drive like this one.  http://www.walmart.com/ip/Toshiba-500GB-Automatic-Backup-Portable-Hard-Drive/21094667
   At $60 for a 500GB drive, it's a steal. 

I still recommend Linux.  I will burn a disc and mail it to you.  Just because your computers work again, does not mean they will continue to work.  Especially if they are running Vista, which is well-known as being even worse than other versions of Windows.
I'd rather eat one good meal a day than 3 squares of garbage.

Offline Don K

• Lifetime Member
  Especially if they are running Vista, which is well-known as being even worse than other versions of Windows.

+1

Downgrading my Vista computers back to XP was the best move I ever made.
The member formerly known as Colonel_Klink

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
Norma,
  glad to hear the computers are both working again.  I'm glad because you now have the opportunity to get all your files backed up onto a removable plug-in hard drive like this one.  http://www.walmart.com/ip/Toshiba-500GB-Automatic-Backup-Portable-Hard-Drive/21094667
   At $60 for a 500GB drive, it's a steal. 

I still recommend Linux.  I will burn a disc and mail it to you.  Just because your computers work again, does not mean they will continue to work.  Especially if they are running Vista, which is well-known as being even worse than other versions of Windows.

Brian,

Thanks for saying you are glad both computers are working again.  :) Thanks also for telling me what removable plug-in to purchase so I can get all of my files backed up.  Your are right that 60.00 is a steal for a 500GB drive.

I might just take you up on Linux.  How hard is that to install and how hard would it be for me to use if I don’t know what you do about computers?  I had XP on my older Dell and I did like XP.  That older dell still works, but the mouse won’t work, even after I tried to plug my digital mouse (from the computer I now am using) in the Dell.  I know the digital mouse does work.  I have a start-up disk for the older Dell.  Can I just use that to get the Dell to work?  I also have all the disks for the drivers that were installed on the Dell computer.  What would I need to do to get that computer (the Dell) up and running again.  If it is too much to explain, that is okay.    :-D

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
+1

Downgrading my Vista computers back to XP was the best move I ever made.

Colonel_Klink,

Thanks for telling me that downgrading your Vista computers back to XP was the best move you have ever made.  How did you do that?  I hardly know anything about computers.

Norma