Author Topic: Nothing is better than pizza  (Read 277 times)

Offline SonnyC79

Nothing is better than pizza
« on: August 02, 2012, 09:44:20 AM »
Hello!

New member here from Austin, TX.  I am just getting started in making my own pizzas from scratch and have already found this website to be the best resource on the internet.  I came here mostly to get advice on recreating pizza styles from around the country that are not readily available in the Austin, TX area (Chicago style deep dish like Gino's East, Lou Malnati's, or Detroit style like Buddy's, etc).  I am currently STUCK in an apartment, so I really only have access to using my conventional oven to make pizzas, but I am also interested in learning about the various "hacks" that can produce high quality pizzas out of those types of machines. 

To me, there is just something about pizza that JUST WORKS.  I can go to some fancy schmancy restaurant and pay boatloads of cash for a high-end meal, but in the end, not much gives me more satisfaction than a perfect pizza!

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Nothing is better than pizza
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 10:02:28 AM »
Jeff,

Welcome.

You might want to check out VIA 313, which specializes in the Detroit style pizza right in your back yard: http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,16820.msg163933.html#msg163933.

Peter

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
Re: Nothing is better than pizza
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 01:19:00 PM »
H
To me, there is just something about pizza that JUST WORKS.  I can go to some fancy schmancy restaurant and pay boatloads of cash for a high-end meal, but in the end, not much gives me more satisfaction than a perfect pizza!
Oh boy....you got it good sonny!!   ;D
Pull up a chair an make yourself at home....

Bob
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"