Author Topic: Off Topic - Pizza Hut style garlic bread with cheese  (Read 2389 times)

Offline Deep Dish Muscle

• I Love Pizza!
Off Topic - Pizza Hut style garlic bread with cheese
« on: October 12, 2005, 06:40:56 PM »
My girl friend simply loves the way Pizza Hut's garlic bread with cheese tastes and she really wants me to copy it or at least come close to making it.  Thus far (only a few attempts) i've made some great tasting garlic bread with Cheese BUT not exactly like Pizzas Hut's!!

Does any one know the exact bread, cheese, butter/garlic amount, other herbs, how long they boil it???

Any help would be much appreciated!!!

-Deep Dish Muscle

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Off Topic - Pizza Hut style garlic bread with cheese
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 07:18:30 PM »
Deep Dish Muscle,

You might want to go to the Pizza Hut Canadian website, where you will find a lot of information on ingredients and nutrition. For example, if you go to http://www.pizzahut.ca/phsite.nsf/vwInfo/nutrition1, and click on Ingredients Information, you will get a pdf document that has garlic bread and the spread at the top of the page. The garlic cheese blend is on pages 14-15. You will have to figure out how to replicate the individual items. Pizza Hut isn't as generous with that information.

You might also look at the U.S. Pizza Hut website, where I am fairly certain you will find similar information on the domestic Pizza Hut food products.

Peter

Offline scampi

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Off Topic - Pizza Hut style garlic bread with cheese
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 11:15:12 PM »
If you guys are ever in Oahu, Hawaii and you like garlic cheese balls...you have to try Big kahuna's in Kakaako. They are so good that they run out every night so if you come late, fahgetaboutit...they're gone. If your gf likes pizza huts, after she trys Kahuna's she may never go back to the mainland  ;D They are that good!

pizzapan