Author Topic: Online store for all things pizza  (Read 2234 times)

Offline juniorballoon

• Supporting Member
    • Sirfoodalot
Online store for all things pizza
« on: August 03, 2012, 03:46:15 PM »
Is there an online, or even offline, store that caters to pizza makers? Paddles, stones, flours, yeast, tomatoes, sauces, cheeses, toppings of all kinds and any other gadget you might use when making a pizza.

Thanks,
jb

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Online store for all things pizza
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 03:58:19 PM »
jb,

The closest place that I can think of that sells a fairly wide range of pizza-related items at the retail level is PennMac: http://www.pennmac.com/page/27/pizza-baking-supplies. There are also companies like Restaurant Depot that sell a wide range of pizza related items but you need to have a business license or a pass to purchase items from them.

I'm sure that there are others who will sell direct to customers but they may not carry a wide range of pizza related items.

Peter

Offline dwighttsharpe

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 03:59:54 PM »
What about Frankie G's site? Or is that not allowed here?
Dwight

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 04:07:44 PM »
What about Frankie G's site? Or is that not allowed here?

Yes, Frankie G's is a source that many of our members use but his selection is not as extensive as offered by larger companies. His website can be accessed via a link in his profile. Member John Conklin also sells various items like peels to the members.

Peter

Offline juniorballoon

• Supporting Member
    • Sirfoodalot
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 04:37:15 PM »
Those are both interesting sites.

Thanks,
jb

Offline dokpm0

• Raw Fed Dogs
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2012, 03:17:09 PM »
Does anyone maintain a list anywhere of the various online sources for all things pizza?  PennMac seems to be popular.  But, their shipping and handling charges to my area, central Texas, starts at over $18, and that's not even for perishable items requiring ice packs.  After browsing through many many threads I recently discovered that I could order 6 IN 1 tomatoes directly from Escalon at very reasonable prices.  Shipping for three cans was a whopping $0.75.  And I also just discovered Vermont pepperoni available from JoyUs.com.  Their shipping charges are fairly reasonable also.  I'm still searching for flour and cheese sources.  Does anyone have any suggestions for those?  I'd love to find some sources for some of this stuff in the Waco area.  If I can't find something local I don't mind ordering online as long as the shipping charges don't cost an arm and a leg.
Kevin

What's the definition of a legacy system? One that works!
Errare humanum est, ignoscere caninum.

Offline Meatballs

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2012, 04:54:40 PM »
Being in Texas, what about AceMart?  I do a lot of business with them for kitchen stuff and find their service and prices excellent, and I ship to Alabama.  Here's a link to their pizza stuff... they will sell to anybody at restaurant prices.

http://www.acemart.com/kitchen-supplies/pizza-supplies/c230-c678-p1.html

Ron

Oh, just noticed your looking for food items, never mind.

Offline dokpm0

• Raw Fed Dogs
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2012, 07:10:54 PM »
Being in Texas, what about AceMart?
It looks like the nearest locations to me would be the Dallas and/or Austin area stores.  I'm just about in between Dallas and Austin.  Both areas are about 90 miles from me.  For equipment I can turn to Waco Restaurant Supply.  They're right around the corner from where I work.  I got my cutter pan, dough docker, and a huge rolling pin from them for my occasional cracker crust attempts. 

It's ingredients that are challenging in this area, and not just for pizza.  Waco has almost no choices in grocery stores.  Aside from a couple of hispanic markets all grocery stores in Waco are HEBs.  There are also a few Wal-Marts in the area.  Most small surrounding towns have Brookshire Brothers stores.  Then there's a United Super in Hewitt and David's in Valley Mills and Moody.  That's about it.  The nearest Indian grocery is in Temple, and the nearest Asian market is in Killeen. 
Kevin

What's the definition of a legacy system? One that works!
Errare humanum est, ignoscere caninum.

Offline sajata

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2012, 07:14:58 PM »

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2012, 10:56:48 PM »
It looks like the nearest locations to me would be the Dallas and/or Austin area stores.  I'm just about in between Dallas and Austin.  Both areas are about 90 miles from me.  For equipment I can turn to Waco Restaurant Supply.  They're right around the corner from where I work.  I got my cutter pan, dough docker, and a huge rolling pin from them for my occasional cracker crust attempts. 

It's ingredients that are challenging in this area, and not just for pizza.  Waco has almost no choices in grocery stores.  Aside from a couple of hispanic markets all grocery stores in Waco are HEBs.  There are also a few Wal-Marts in the area.  Most small surrounding towns have Brookshire Brothers stores.  Then there's a United Super in Hewitt and David's in Valley Mills and Moody.  That's about it.  The nearest Indian grocery is in Temple, and the nearest Asian market is in Killeen. 

There are Central Market (HEB) stores in both Dallas and Austin. At the one in Houston, you can buy Caputo, hundreds of different cheeses, tons of charcuterie, and all sorts of other wonderful items at the everyday low price of triple the right price... I'm not sure I'd make a special trip from Waco, but you should definitely stop of you are going that direction. Costco is the other place I go, but generally only for cheese. Even in Houston, HEB is my best bet 90% of the time.

CL
Pizza is not bread.

pizzapan