Author Topic: NY Pizza Dough W/O Sugar and Oil Question  (Read 7334 times)

Offline PizzaEater101

Re: NY Pizza Dough W/O Sugar and Oil Question
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2012, 09:42:14 PM »
If u use 2% honey will u be able to taste it?

I've had great success with maple syrup.

Offline c0mpl3x

• crumb bubbles!
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2012, 11:35:08 PM »
i've skimmed over this thread, and recently, in lieu of the forum, i've redone my daily driver dough formulation.

100 flour
60-62 water
1.7% salt
.3-1% yeast
2% bertoulli olive oil
1.8% honey

standard 'mix it in the bread machine for 9 minutes' routine. bulk rest for 1-3 hours.   s/f once, rise, ball/shape, rise, use.

time/temp vary the recipe, but the results are the same.   fantastic taste, chewy, crispy even after it cools off, easy to stretch.  one of my best doughs to date.   performs very good for a NY style. 

just my hiatus $.02
Hotdogs kill more people than sharks do, yearly.

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2012, 08:43:09 AM »
c0mpl3x,

That looks to be a very well balanced dough formulation that is unlikely to cause you any grief. Is the 0.3-1% yeast range intended to cover both a cold fermentation (at the lower end of the range) and a room temperature emergency dough application (at the upper end of the range) or is the heat of the bread machine enough to let you make an emergency dough with only 0.3% yeast. I assume that the yeast is instant day yeast.

Also, is the 60-62% hydration range intended to embrace different kinds of flours?

Peter
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 08:48:24 AM by Pete-zza »

Offline c0mpl3x

• crumb bubbles!
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2012, 08:08:46 PM »
c0mpl3x,

That looks to be a very well balanced dough formulation that is unlikely to cause you any grief. Is the 0.3-1% yeast range intended to cover both a cold fermentation (at the lower end of the range) and a room temperature emergency dough application (at the upper end of the range) or is the heat of the bread machine enough to let you make an emergency dough with only 0.3% yeast. I assume that the yeast is instant day yeast.

Also, is the 60-62% hydration range intended to embrace different kinds of flours?

Peter

i use only sams club high gluten flour anymore.   but, the cold ferment uses the lower water and higher yeast whereas the counter ferment uses the .3 and 62%.  i find that the extra water is needed for a warm ferment for some reason, otherwise the dough is very anal about going where you want it to
Hotdogs kill more people than sharks do, yearly.

pizzapan