Author Topic: Peter's LBE - Get the party started  (Read 1027 times)

Offline peda

Peter's LBE - Get the party started
« on: August 08, 2012, 06:54:35 AM »
Hi guys,

first of all - thanks god (or google  ??? ) that i found this forum - and thanks to all the people involved in "developing" the LBE!!!  :chef:
I just build my own last week and after producing some coal the first time, the last results turnt out pretty good (in comparison to the pizzas from my bbq-grill).

But now i want to try the original - pizza neapolitana!

Can some of you guys give me some advice????

Some points how my process should be:
Caputo 00 "Pizza Chef" http://www.molinocaputo.it//index.php?module=ecommerce&modulePage=dettaglio&id=19
cake yeast
hand kneading (Tutorials would be nice....)

Kind regards,
Peter

Offline peda

Re: Peter's LBE - Get the party started
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 08:27:58 AM »
Hi,

hope to get some help here  :chef:

kind regards,
peter

buceriasdon

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 09:22:04 AM »
A google search for kneading pizza dough will yield quite a number of hits including how to videos.
Don

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 11:44:36 AM »
When I mix by hand, I use a technique similar to this. http://www.gourmet.com/magazine/video/2008/03/bertinet_sweetdough Because my pizza dough has more protein and less fat, I need to do things a little differently. After it has all come together and is basically smooth, it will get very firm. I cover it and give it a 7-10min rest. After that, you will be able to do a half dozen or so stretch and folds before it gets stiff again. Give it another rest and then a few more stretch and folds. It will not probably be silk smooth and ready to ferment. If not, give it one more rest and a few more stretch and folds, and you should be good to go.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline JD

• Supporting Member
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 02:13:27 PM »
TX - I've gotten a lot of information from you in the past few days over various threads. Just want to say thanks, I'll be trying a few new things this weekend.
Josh