Author Topic: New here, hello!  (Read 263 times)

Offline PhoenixGirl

New here, hello!
« on: August 09, 2012, 01:43:48 PM »
Hello, my name is Chantel, and I am currently living in south Florida. I have been a lurker for awhile now so I thought it was about time to join!

My husband and I have been researching and looking into buying a pizza restaurant for 2 and a half years now. I worked in the pizza industry for about 5 years before college and law school, and have always wanted to own my own shop. Being a vegetarian for 10 years when I was a kid, pizza was the only thing I could eat! Now that I am a certified meat eater, pizza has remained number one in my mind, and I have tried about every single pizza place in the tri state area. The best part is that I get to call it research! We are checking out locations in north CA as well as in MN (my home state), we don't want to buy one or start one here in Florida as the market here does not really appreciate good food, it is all about the chains because of all the seasonal tourists.

Besides pizza my passion is animals, mostly chinchillas and parrots. We breed chinchillas and we have 4 large parrots, so if I am not practicing recipes or researching pizza, I am playing with my birds or chinchillas.  ;D

Hello everyone!

Offline weemis

• My Pizza Web Blog
Re: New here, hello!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 01:49:50 PM »
i like the "research" aspect of it as well! we do a monthly pizza outing here in central ohio to check out the competition.
Welcome, Chantel!
Nick Gore - just a dough eyed wanderer

scott123

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 02:02:57 PM »
Chantel, welcome to the forum.

I'm curious, the term 'tri-state area' has a different meaning in different parts of the country. What three states are you referring to?

Offline PhoenixGirl

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 02:38:17 PM »
Scott123- Florida, Georgia and South Carolina :-) I guess Alabama would be closer, but that is never the route we take when driving to MN.