Author Topic: Purchasing a home WFO  (Read 1179 times)

Offline JEP

Purchasing a home WFO
« on: August 10, 2012, 01:15:00 PM »
I'm looking to take the leap and purchase a home WFO.  I've scanned the forum and the rest of the Internet for ideas and this is what I've come up with.  It seems to be of good quality - it is at about my max budget.

http://www.roundboyovens.com/terra-cota-outdoor-pizza-oven-with-decorative-stand/

I think this could be a good purchase but as it is a significant investment i don't want to move forward without getting some feedback from the forum.

Thanks.

Jimmy

Offline TXCraig1

Re: Purchasing a home WFO
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 03:28:25 PM »
If I was in the market for a 28"ish fully assembled oven, I think I would spend a few more bucks and get the Primavera70.

http://www.fornobravo.com/store/Primavera70-Assembled-28-Oven.html

I think we have members with both of these ovens. Maybe they will chime in. You could PM member dellavecchia and ask about the Primavera. He makes some world-class NP pies with it.

Craig
I love pigs. They convert vegetables into bacon.

Offline JEP

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 12:42:22 PM »
Thanks Craig.

This one does look nice.  Why would you prefer it over the roundboy? 

One advantage I can see for my purposes is that it looks a little less bulky.

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 02:17:30 PM »
Thanks Craig.

This one does look nice.  Why would you prefer it over the roundboy? 

One advantage I can see for my purposes is that it looks a little less bulky.

1) I want a round floor, 2) I've seen beautiful pies made in it, 3) I personally think it looks better.
I love pigs. They convert vegetables into bacon.

Offline Bigfoot21075

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 09:43:19 AM »
I looked at that nice 28" Forno when deciding on what to buy. I really liked it, BUT it is fully assembled and would require some machine to get it in place, unfortunaltly there is no way to get a fork lift in my back yard. Also, that price does not include shipping. To get it to me in Maryland was going to cost over $800.00! That brings the total to well over a grand more than the Roundboy. To me the Forno was just not a grand cooler.

The Roundboy can make outstanding pies, there is no magic to it, it is just the right amount of heat on the floor and the roof. Easy to achieve. I have cooked a bunch of non-pizza items aas well with a lot of luck.

Lastly, I figured I would buy the Roundboy and enjoy it for this year. If I decided I did not like it, I would sell it on Craigslist and buy something else. If I decide to keep it (which I have for sure) I will build a nice stone facade over the whole things just like one of these two;
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 09:50:58 AM by Bigfoot21075 »

pizzapan