Author Topic: Trying out the Supremo Italiano 00 Flour tonite on the Kettle Grill  (Read 945 times)

Offline Jackitup

I stopped at Italian shop in St Paul last week and they want about 4 bucks a pound for little 1 pound bags of Caputo 00...no thanks, that figures to 220 bucks for a 55 pound bag. I bought the SI 00 flour at the Rest Depot for 32 bucks for a 55 pound bag. Put it all up in 1 gallon bags, about 5 pounds/bag and into the basement on a cool shelf. For that much I can throw 1/2 away and be money ahead :P. Looking forward to the burn tonite. Also bought some hot capicolo and some prosciutto

Jon
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 05:02:15 PM by Jackitup »
Save A Cow, Eat A Vegan....Totally Organic And Hormone Free!!

Offline Jackitup

Re: Trying out the Supremo Italiano 00 Flour tonite on the Kettle Grill
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 11:28:43 AM »
The Red Headed Pizza grill got to 725 on the stone with the IR and oven temp around 830. This was a prosciutto, Mushroom and onion. Baked in about 4 minutes. Second pie with can bacon and pepperoni is not pictured due to the front that came thru and it got real drunk out after that :-[ Suffice it to say, pies were awesome and was surprised at how silky and soft the dough was. Should easily be able to drop the hydration down from the 60% I used. Looking forward to using this flour more.
Jon
Save A Cow, Eat A Vegan....Totally Organic And Hormone Free!!