Author Topic: Help please,,I am having dough issues!!  (Read 2479 times)

Offline jsid13

Re: Help please,,I am having dough issues!!
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2012, 05:37:36 PM »
TomN,,I paid for the recipes, the rights to the name, the right to franchise if I wished and a few other things, and the location for 5 grand.

Offline jsid13

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2012, 06:35:29 PM »
TomN,,A friend of mine talked to an old manager and he got his number for me,, this was the last and best manager they let go and after that they went out of business. So hope this is a good sign.

Jeff

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2012, 06:38:53 PM »
Jeff,

While you are exploring the possibility of getting help from a former employee of the pizzeria, it might help to respond to Tom Lehmann's post at Reply 19.

Peter

Offline jsid13

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2012, 09:34:05 PM »
Tom L.,,First I weigh the flour, then I get the water at 90 degrees,, I put the sugar, salt in the water until they dissolve, add the yeast until it dissolves, then the oil.  Then I add the flour and mix on 1 for 10 minutes, the dough is about 80 degrees. When done mixing I bench the dough for 10 minutes, then I weigh and ball the dough and put in dough boxes, I cross stack them for about 30 minutes in the fridge then nest them.  Sorry it took me so long but I have been in and out. 

Thank you

Jeff

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2012, 10:00:15 PM »
Jeff,

I will let Tom react to your dough preparation and management procedures since he requested the information. However, to complete the story for Tom's benefit you might want to discuss how you manage the dough balls once you remove them from the cooler.

Also, on the matter of the cross stacking, your 30-minute cross-stack time may be too short. As you will note from Tom's post at the PMQ Think Tank at http://thinktank.pmq.com/viewtopic.php?p=69350#p69350, he recommends a cross-stack time of 1 1/2 hours for a dough ball weighing 12 ounces (which is your dough ball weight) or less. In Reply 19 in this thread, Tom's mentions a 2 1/2-hour cross stack. However, with about 30 dough balls for your dough batch, maybe you don't have to go out to 1 1/2-2 1/2 hours but maybe 30 minutes is still too short. In fact, I am hard pressed to remember Tom suggesting a cross-stack time less than 1 1/2 hours. His standard advice seems to be 2 hours.

Peter
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 10:21:11 PM by Pete-zza »

Offline TomN

• Supporting Member
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2012, 12:03:40 AM »
Jeff,

If you end up locating this former manager, i would offer him several days wages to some show you how to make the dough. It's one thing to read recipes and advice from people, but it is another to see it in action, first hand.

In most cases, baking recipes always seem to leave out little important tips / information. Seeing it done is way better than just reading about it. Hope you find him.

TomN

Offline jsid13

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2012, 06:03:12 PM »
No problem Pete-zza,,,,After I remove the dough trays from the cooler I usually let them sit for about 45 minutes before I use them. If you are looking for other info on what I do, please ask, in case I am leaving something out that you need to know.

Thank you

Jeff