Author Topic: My NP attempt (+ some questions regarding the process)  (Read 434 times)

Offline Choubix

• I Love Pizza!
My NP attempt (+ some questions regarding the process)
« on: July 03, 2015, 11:56:15 AM »
Hi,

I bought 2 types of tipo 00 (red) .
One is caputo, the other one is from a local supplier to the F&B industry where I live.
At 60% hydration, both doughs where quite wet. (I didn't use the planetary mixer this time around but did it by hand and used the stretch/fold method 3x, 10mins apart each time)
I matured the dough for 72h in the fridge, balled (right after taking the dough out of the fridge) then proofed at room temp for 4h then baked.

The balling was difficult given the wet texture of the dough and the stretching made me believe my dough was hydrated at at least 70%.

Anything I did wrong?

Thanks!

Ps:
- shall I ball the dough at room temperature after the bulk fermentation?
- I find my dough balls have a tendency to form a "skin" when proofing at room temperature, is that normal?

I attach some pictures of the better pie ;)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 06:07:43 AM by Choubix »

Offline dithb

• I Love Pizza!
Re: My NP attempt (+ some questions regarding the process)
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 02:53:20 PM »
NP dough tends to be pretty wet and sticky, especially when you take it out after fermenting. Are you flouring your counter and your hands before taking the dough out and reballing? This will help you get rid of any stickiness.

Also, I'm sure you'll get a bit more help on this forum if you post your dough formulation and technique.

Best of luck!

Offline David Esq.

• Making pizza since 2013
    • Eating With David
My NP attempt (+ some questions regarding the process)
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 06:28:53 PM »
Fermentation depends in large part on time, temperature, and amount of leaven being used. We have the times you are using but not the temps. What was your dough temp going into the fridge, coming out and the room temperature for those 4 hours? And what amount of yeast or sourdough did you use in relation to the rest of the flour?

Offline Tannerwooden

Re: My NP attempt (+ some questions regarding the process)
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 10:15:36 PM »
Bake temperature and time?