Author Topic: Maiden Voyage for my new WFO  (Read 299 times)

Offline bradtri

Maiden Voyage for my new WFO
« on: April 19, 2015, 09:53:46 PM »
After waiting patiently for two weeks while going through the curing process, I finally got to run some pies through my new FGM 950B.  The oven is from Antoine and mounted on a movable cart with "all-terrain" wheels.  The first set of pics are from Friday night and I think the oven wasn't quite saturated with heat and the dough was under-fermented:

Offline bradtri

Re: Maiden Voyage for my new WFO
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 09:56:24 PM »
Here are the second set of pies from tonight.  The oven was better heated and the dough was from the same batch as Friday night but had two more days in the fridge and was better fermented.  Also, some really nice toasted marshmallows!!!

Online Jon in Albany

• Lifetime Member
    • Jon In Albany Blog
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 01:28:13 PM »
Looks good to me. How about a picture of your oven? I am also looking to take the WFO plunge and would love to see your set up.

Offline bradtri

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 07:43:04 PM »
Hey Jon,
    Here are a couple pics.  I believe this is the second or third one of these "all-terrain" carts that Antoine has built.  On flat concrete, one person can move it.  On very flat grass, two people can move it.  However, just the slightest incline will take you up to 3 people pretty quick.

My intent with the oven is to have something that still looks nice in my back yard for my personal use, but can be easily loaded up for transport for catering to parties, etc.  I have an electric winch on my trailer that pulls it up and lets in down pretty well.

Online Jon in Albany

• Lifetime Member
    • Jon In Albany Blog
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 09:21:35 PM »
That is really cool. Thanks for sharing the pictures.