Author Topic: Blackstone Napoletana  (Read 3610 times)

THEBBQMAN and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline vandev

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Blackstone Napoletana
« Reply #120 on: July 18, 2014, 09:23:31 PM »
Sorry Craig.. but your formula here is so perfect...  i really don't want to experiment with anything else...  ya know when you find a winner you can't go wrong with sticking with it..  i did notice a bit more puff with the extra feeding the starter. ..I can now drink in peace..   :-D

As i said before..  this is craigs dough...  i am just a copycat and frickin enjoying it...   Thanks Craig...  Lets open a kick ass pizza place in Austin!!!! ^^^   I love austin.... ;D You can commute by helicopter and will get dylan as or head pizzola... >:D
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 09:25:30 PM by vandev »

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #121 on: July 18, 2014, 09:29:25 PM »
Earlier tonight I fixed the orientation of several of vandev's photos. A few isn't a problem but when there are many, it takes a lot of time and effort to reorient them.

Peter

Online TXCraig1

« Reply #122 on: July 18, 2014, 09:29:37 PM »
I'm an enormous dick. This has been proven for over 40 years. But I'd really like to see pics in the correct orientation. I find it very hard to appreciate otherwise beautiful pies if I have to turn my laptop on its side. There are so many ways to do this without me having to pick up my laptop.

I say this with peace and love. Peace and love.

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=32832.0
I love pigs. They convert vegetables into bacon.

Offline vandev

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #123 on: July 18, 2014, 09:30:11 PM »
I'm an enormous dick. This has been proven for over 40 years. But I'd really like to see pics in the correct orientation. I find it very hard to appreciate otherwise beautiful pies if I have to turn my laptop on its side. There are so many ways to do this without me having to pick up my laptop.

If i could take my Glock 40 and fix my laptop i would but i have no idea why my stupid iPhone puts the photos in this orientation . It is the only place that puts them like this. i appeal to the administrator to why this does this stupid crap..  ugggg.. i need another scotch.... ;)

Online TXCraig1

« Reply #124 on: July 18, 2014, 09:30:42 PM »
Sorry Craig.. but your formula here is so perfect...  i really don't want to experiment with anything else...  ya know when you find a winner you can't go wrong with sticking with it..  i did notice a bit more puff with the extra feeding the starter. ..I can now drink in peace..   :-D

As i said before..  this is craigs dough...  i am just a copycat and frickin enjoying it...   Thanks Craig...  Lets open a kick ass pizza place in Austin!!!! ^^^   I love austin.... ;D You can commute by helicopter and will get dylan as or head pizzola... >:D

Glad it is working for you! That's why I posted it.
I love pigs. They convert vegetables into bacon.

Offline vandev

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #125 on: July 18, 2014, 09:33:43 PM »
http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=32832.0

Thanks for the info and i will figure it out..  but why is this the only place this happens....  my orientation is fine... It's the forum that has the problem ? I don't have on any other forum..   ;D
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 06:38:13 AM by vandev »

Offline vandev

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #126 on: July 18, 2014, 09:35:37 PM »
Glad it is working for you! That's why I posted it.

Your awesome bro, when I'm in texas I'm buying the beer, scotch, wine... or what ever you pleasure is..  I can even be you fire tender..  will do for free...  just don't yell at me.. :-D

Offline vandev

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #127 on: July 18, 2014, 11:15:47 PM »

Are your sure you don't mean enormous ? ....  >:D  What movies have you been in so i can hide from my wife's viewing.... :-D
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 11:17:35 PM by vandev »

Offline vandev

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #128 on: July 19, 2014, 07:22:24 AM »
Earlier tonight I fixed the orientation of several of vandev's photos. A few isn't a problem but when there are many, it takes a lot of time and effort to reorient them.

Peter

Thanks Peter...Can you tell me how you did this so i can do it.. otherwise I'm going to stop posting pictures.. 

Thx C.

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #129 on: July 19, 2014, 09:23:19 AM »
Thanks Peter...Can you tell me how you did this so i can do it.. otherwise I'm going to stop posting pictures.. 

Thx C.

C,

I have Windows 7 with IE 11, and this is the way I have found so far to work the best:

1. I click on the photo link just below a photo that I want to rotate to the correct position.
2. A pop-up then comes up that gives me a few options; I select Open
3. A photo window will then appear that shows the photo in the misoriented position; there are arrows at the bottom that I can use to rotate the photo to the correct position.
4. Once I have rotated the photo to the correct position, I select File at the top of the photo window; I then click on Make a Copy; doing this brings up my Picture library where I Save the properly oriented photo.
5. I return to the post where the photo first appeared, and I select Modify, use the Browse function under Attachments and other options, look for the properly oriented photo in the Photo library, and click on Open once I find it; at this point, to make sure that everything is in good order, I will usually hit the Post button to be sure that the properly oriented photo is in the original post; I will then reopen the post again and delete the original misoriented photo link.

If you go back to Reply 100 at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=32091.msg324502#msg324502, you will see how I fixed the photos in that post.

All of the above have to be done for each photo. And unless a member is able to correct the orientation of photos within a 24-hour period (I think that is what it is), only a Moderator will be able to fix the photos. Of course, I would rather that members get the photos in the correct position to begin with and not assume that the Moderators will fix them and take away that responsibility from them. From the forum's perspective, I want photos to be in the right position so that members do not get annoyed or irritated. I am as annoyed with misoriented photos as the next person. I have been quietly going into other members' posts and fixing the photos, and even deleting the edit notes at the bottom so that they don't even know that I was there. They perhaps think that somehow the forum fixed all of their misoriented photos.

Peter 

Offline vandev

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #130 on: July 19, 2014, 11:14:23 AM »
C,

I have Windows 7 with IE 11, and this is the way I have found so far to work the best:

1. I click on the photo link just below a photo that I want to rotate to the correct position.
2. A pop-up then comes up that gives me a few options; I select Open
3. A photo window will then appear that shows the photo in the misoriented position; there are arrows at the bottom that I can use to rotate the photo to the correct position.
4. Once I have rotated the photo to the correct position, I select File at the top of the photo window; I then click on Make a Copy; doing this brings up my Picture library where I Save the properly oriented photo.
5. I return to the post where the photo first appeared, and I select Modify, use the Browse function under Attachments and other options, look for the properly oriented photo in the Photo library, and click on Open once I find it; at this point, to make sure that everything is in good order, I will usually hit the Post button to be sure that the properly oriented photo is in the original post; I will then reopen the post again and delete the original misoriented photo link.

If you go back to Reply 100 at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=32091.msg324502#msg324502, you will see how I fixed the photos in that post.

All of the above have to be done for each photo. And unless a member is able to correct the orientation of photos within a 24-hour period (I think that is what it is), only a Moderator will be able to fix the photos. Of course, I would rather that members get the photos in the correct position to begin with and not assume that the Moderators will fix them and take away that responsibility from them. From the forum's perspective, I want photos to be in the right position so that members do not get annoyed or irritated. I am as annoyed with misoriented photos as the next person. I have been quietly going into other members' posts and fixing the photos, and even deleting the edit notes at the bottom so that they don't even know that I was there. They perhaps think that somehow the forum fixed all of their misoriented photos.

Peter

Thanks Peter, I have a mac and still have not figured it out as the photos are right when i look at them on my macbook or my land rover forum as i tested that and they post correctly.

Thx C.

Offline vandev

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #131 on: July 19, 2014, 12:00:48 PM »
Ok figured it out. You have to open photo on macbook and just re save...   ::)

Offline vandev

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #132 on: Yesterday at 09:09:46 PM »
This will be my 9th Firing and loving it. Only changed a couple things. I upped my starter by 1% to 3% from 2%. " I don't what i was thinking Craig as my dough was perfect" This is all i could come up with.... ::) I am also making a different pizza as well as i got some smoked mozzarella from a Italian market i get my flour from.This is a pizza that Anthony makes from UPN. Dough is great as usual but notice i have more air bubbles when i balled this time. texture and everything else was the same. Getting excited... ;D

Ilaria
Smoked mozzarella, fresh cherry tomatoes, arugula,extra-virgin olive oil, sea salt. (fresh tomatoes, no sauce)

will make the margarita of course and a white as well as the pepperoni and Jalapeņo  as the kids love it.

Will of course have all the fixings..  local IPA brewed beer as well as 18Yr old scotch for a proper firing.... :drool:

And of course...The Dylan Shuffle !.. Yea baby.... >:D

Wil also get a fresh tank of propane. I get about 4 firings from a tank and i have a little left over but not enough to get to temp.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 09:27:37 PM by vandev »

Offline vandev

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #133 on: Today at 09:17:11 PM »
As you can see by the pic.. I got a doubled ball size by upping my starter by 1% .. i went from 2% to 3%...  Made a big difference..  Very very happy with results... ;D

pizzapan