Author Topic: Craig's Neapolitan Garage  (Read 169909 times)

Offline Sirius

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #1660 on: July 11, 2014, 05:57:54 PM »
I there Bufala Mozzarella made in the USA?

I just found some Bufala on Sale here in Germany 1,50€(2$)-125g

Online TXCraig1

« Reply #1661 on: July 11, 2014, 06:34:30 PM »
I think I remember reading about a farm on the west coast making some. In Oregon I think.
I love pigs. They convert vegetables into bacon.

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #1662 on: July 11, 2014, 07:45:52 PM »
Craig,

There used to be a cheese producer in California by the name of Bubulus Bubalis that made a domestic buffalo mozzarella cheese. And there was another domestic producer of buffalo mozzarella cheese by the name of Star Hill Dairy in Vermont. They survived for a while but eventually left that market. Paula Lambert, of the well known Mozzarella Cheese Company in Dallas, also gave buffalo mozzarella cheese a try but as reported in Reply 7 at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=445.msg4281;topicseen#msg4281 , she dropped out of that market also. I am not aware of any domestic producers of buffalo mozzarella in the U.S. today. If there were, I think our members would have found them.

Peter

Online vandev

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1663 on: July 11, 2014, 08:05:37 PM »
Craig,

There used to be a cheese producer in California by the name of Bubulus Bubalis that made a domestic buffalo mozzarella cheese. And there was another domestic producer of buffalo mozzarella cheese by the name of Star Hill Dairy in Vermont. They survived for a while but eventually left that market. Paula Lambert, of the well known Mozzarella Cheese Company in Dallas, also gave buffalo mozzarella cheese a try but as reported in Reply 7 at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=445.msg4281;topicseen#msg4281 , she dropped out of that market also. I am not aware of any domestic producers of buffalo mozzarella in the U.S. today. If there were, I think our members would have found it.

Peter

There is a guy in california still trying to do it. He has the buffalo from Italy the people from Italy ..but just can't duplicate the taste yet. Anthony from UPN tried it and liked it but it is just not there yet. They can't figure it out yet.  There another that is imported to US from Colombia and i am going to try next week. The awesome thing about this one is that they are free range roaming and only grass fed buffalo..  Im mainly Paleo myself and i cannot tell you the difference in grass fed beef and grain fed beef... Its night and day so i am looking forward to try in next weeks bake. 

http://www.annabellacheese.com

Thx C.

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #1664 on: July 11, 2014, 08:39:08 PM »
There is a guy in california still trying to do it. He has the buffalo from Italy the people from Italy ..but just can't duplicate the taste yet.

C,

You are right. I forgot about that guy in California. He was written up a couple of years ago in the New York Times, at http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/14/magazine/buffalo-mozzarella-craig-ramini.html?pagewanted=all .

Peter

Offline pacdunes

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1665 on: July 23, 2014, 08:48:27 PM »
I think it's $11.00 bucks at Cosco. Im actually going now to get some so i will post the date and price when i get home. Last time i had was frecking awesome... :drool:

It's $12.99... It's worth every penny... ;D
I picked up 2 tubs today for my weekend pizza!  Should i drop these on top of paper towels to drain? and get to room temp?

Online TXCraig1

« Reply #1666 on: July 23, 2014, 09:30:20 PM »
I picked up 2 tubs today for my weekend pizza!  Should i drop these on top of paper towels to drain? and get to room temp?

I'd cut them in half and drain on paper towels for a couple hours or more if needed. You don't want them sloppy wet, but you don't want them bone dry and shriveled up either. Drain in the fridge. You don't want them to be room temp.
I love pigs. They convert vegetables into bacon.

Offline pacdunes

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1667 on: July 23, 2014, 11:47:24 PM »
I'd cut them in half and drain on paper towels for a couple hours or more if needed. You don't want them sloppy wet, but you don't want them bone dry and shriveled up either. Drain in the fridge. You don't want them to be room temp.
thanks Master!

pizzapan