Author Topic: Craig's Neapolitan Garage  (Read 326066 times)

Offline Don Luigi

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #2100 on: January 25, 2016, 01:58:23 AM »

Craig-

I haven't checked this thread in awhile but was also thinking about going to wood boxes recently (sick and tired of cleaning those plastic tubs). One thing that has made me hesitant is I really like to see under the tub as it tells me exactly how the fermentation is progressing. Have you noticed that as a downside at all during this experiment?
I always use one "control ball" in a plastic tub to check the underside for developement of the dough. The rest of the balls goes in the big box with wooden floor.
On a neapolitan pizza journey with Wood fired oven Pizza Party 70x70
My Pizza

Offline dylandylan

« Reply #2101 on: January 25, 2016, 04:45:27 AM »
I always use one "control ball" in a plastic tub to check the underside for developement of the dough. The rest of the balls goes in the big box with wooden floor.

I've been thinking about trying wooden proofing boxes too, and doing the "control ball" in a plastic box too, at least until I could trust myself flying blind with wood alone. 

Offline TXCraig1

• Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #2102 on: January 25, 2016, 09:08:33 AM »
With respect to a control ball, 1) you guys have made enough pizza that I don't think you will not need it, and 2) it might not be a "control" anyway. Fermentation in a plastic tub might happen at a different rate than in a wood box which may function as a thermal mass.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, commercial yeast when we must, but always great pizza."
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline NorthernPIzza

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2103 on: February 04, 2016, 02:53:57 AM »
Hey Craig,

I can't believe how lucky you are to of stumbled across an Acunto! Here's a picture of my volcano 10 being delivered (and yes, being put into storage)
after its 8 month journey from ordering to delivery.
She'll be the show piece of our restaurant when we open !

Offline TXCraig1

• Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #2104 on: February 04, 2016, 09:14:27 AM »
Beautiful. Looks like they changed the landing a little. Nice.  Please post pictures when you get her set up.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, commercial yeast when we must, but always great pizza."
Craig's Neapolitan Garage