craig can you take a picture of the individual dough balls just before you stretch.
Here you go.
1) In the container (for sake of terminology, you are seeing the bottom of the dough ball)
2) Out of the container (bottom of the doughball is up)
3) First press with my fingers after flipping once (top of dough ball is now up)
4) Second press with the fingers after a flip and 45 degree rotation (bottom of dough ball is now up)
5) A quick pass over the knuckles and ready to top (top of the dough ball is now up)
You can really see the difference in smoothness between the top and bottom of the dough ball.
The thicker part of the cornice you see in the 5th picture will get stretched out a little more even after I get the topped pie on on the peel.