Author Topic: Le Panyol versus Four Grand Mere  (Read 2966 times)

Offline cuznvin

Le Panyol versus Four Grand Mere
« on: August 14, 2012, 06:45:01 PM »
Would anyone like to offer their likes and dislikes on these two brands? I have it narrowed down to these two. Live on Long Island and dont want to worry about cracking. If anyone has done some in depth research on these, I would love to hear what you think.. THANKS!!

Offline TXCraig1

Re: Le Panyol versus Four Grand Mere
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 09:56:06 PM »
You might start here: http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,13956.0.html

The search function is your friend.
I love pigs. They convert vegetables into bacon.

Offline cuznvin

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 10:12:39 PM »
You might start here: http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,13956.0.html

The search function is your friend.

Thanks.. I already have spoken to robyn a few times and read those threads. I have been doing searches for about two weeks now. But nothing answered the questions I just asked..

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 10:42:40 PM »
I don't remember anyone here ever discussing Le Panyol ovens.

CL
I love pigs. They convert vegetables into bacon.

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 07:44:36 AM »
Would anyone like to offer their likes and dislikes on these two brands? I have it narrowed down to these two. Live on Long Island and dont want to worry about cracking. If anyone has done some in depth research on these, I would love to hear what you think.. THANKS!!

With either oven, you will not need to worry about cracking - at least as it relates to cracking that would destroy the oven. All ovens, including refractory, will show some cracks. Both of these ovens are made with materials that will withstand the temps in your area with ease.

In regards to the style of pizza you are making, what are you after?

John

Offline cuznvin

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 09:09:59 AM »
With either oven, you will not need to worry about cracking - at least as it relates to cracking that would destroy the oven. All ovens, including refractory, will show some cracks. Both of these ovens are made with materials that will withstand the temps in your area with ease.

In regards to the style of pizza you are making, what are you after?

John

Thanks John.. I guess I just want a regular brick oven pizza, Neopolitan style, ny style.. I dont think I am going to worry about if it takes 2 minutes to cook or 3 minutes to cook. At least not yet..LOL.... The pizza in your profile pic looks like what I am after..

Offline Bigfoot21075

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 09:15:03 AM »
During my exhaustive search for the right oven for me, I had the opportunity to check out the Four Grand Mere ovens. I actually went to http://www.breadstoneovens.com/ and got talking to the owner. He invited me to his house to check out his oven that he and his family use. The oven is fantastic, it is top quality all the way. He also showed me a non assembled one, it really has great features.

Above the oven itself was the owner, Antoine. He really invested a lot of time trying to help me narrow down which oven was right for me. That more than anything impressed me, he even called after I bought a different oven (a purchase purely driven by an unfortunate budget constraint that at the time was insurmountable) just to see how everything was working and to see if I had any questions.

Here is his contact information;

info@breadstoneovens.com

Phone: 240-393-8524

Fax: 301-357-8483

Hope this helps you out!

Offline cuznvin

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 09:26:08 AM »
During my exhaustive search for the right oven for me, I had the opportunity to check out the Four Grand Mere ovens. I actually went to http://www.breadstoneovens.com/ and got talking to the owner. He invited me to his house to check out his oven that he and his family use. The oven is fantastic, it is top quality all the way. He also showed me a non assembled one, it really has great features.

Above the oven itself was the owner, Antoine. He really invested a lot of time trying to help me narrow down which oven was right for me. That more than anything impressed me, he even called after I bought a different oven (a purchase purely driven by an unfortunate budget constraint that at the time was insurmountable) just to see how everything was working and to see if I had any questions.

Here is his contact information;

info@breadstoneovens.com

Thank you! I have actually been  in contact with Antoine and he is great...

Phone: 240-393-8524

Fax: 301-357-8483

Hope this helps you out!

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2012, 11:47:57 AM »
Thanks John.. I guess I just want a regular brick oven pizza, Neopolitan style, ny style.. I dont think I am going to worry about if it takes 2 minutes to cook or 3 minutes to cook. At least not yet..LOL.... The pizza in your profile pic looks like what I am after..

Just my suggestion, but you should probably determine if you want a 2 minute or a 3 minute bake, or the ability to easily get both and more (60 seconds). They are very different pizzas. Don't spend all that money and not know exactly what you want for the final product.

If you want the pizza in my profile pic, a neapolitan pizza made with 00 Caputo flour and cooked in under 60 seconds, I might go with FGM over LP.

Some other points to consider:

1. Firing time. I have a Forno Bravo Primavera 70, and it fires in 45 minutes. The FGM will take 2 hours. My oven is far from perfect, but it is convenient.

2. Oven size and door size. A smaller oven like mine (28 in diameter) can only accommodate 1 pie at a time (12 inches), and only take up to a 15 in pie (for NY/Coal style) due to the oven mouth.

3. Availability of a stand. I would not buy one of these cast ovens unless the manufacturer provides a stand made for the oven.

4. Dome height. I would advise not going over 12-14 inches interior height.

5. Oven shape - LP has some weird shapes that are not conducive to pizza making. You want a round oven.

John
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 11:49:45 AM by dellavecchia »

Offline cuznvin

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2012, 02:22:10 PM »
Thanks so much John.. Yes, i would like to do the pies with the Caputo 00 flour so I guess FGM would be the oven to go with/ I also think the Le Panyol are too expenive. They talk about price per pound but that doesnt sit well with me. I am going to have to sacrfice heat up time but no matter what, I will probably make pizzas on my days off and weekends only. I do want to accomadate more than one pie.. Most likey two. I would have to have a stand for it also. I am pretty sure FGM has one. I didnt like the oval shaped ones from LP.. One thing I did learn from this forum is that I should get a round oven inside..Hopefully, I can afford one soon or I will wait until after the winter..unles the winter brings good deals.

pizzapan