Author Topic: pizza rock sacramento  (Read 452 times)

Offline waltertore

• Lifetime Member
    • Smiling With Hope Pizza
pizza rock sacramento
« on: December 02, 2015, 08:39:41 PM »
Yesterday I drove a funky penskie rental truck with 100k miles from Reno to buy some used chairs, tables, and supplies from Restaurant Depot.  The scenery through the Donner Pass was spectacular but I hardly could enjoy it.  the truck rattled and the wind noise was so loud I couldn't hear myself think.  I hooked up with my best childhood friend and we ate lunch at pizza rock- Tony G's place.  I emailed Tony we would be there for lunch and wondered if he was in town.  He was not but connected me with his manager Mike.  Mike met us at the door and we had a great conversation about pizza and toured the place.  Tony told Mike to feed us on him.  That was so kind and I hope we get to return the favor soon.  The first pie we had was a NY style done in the WFO.  It was topped with some excellent sausage, pepperoni, and house made mozz.  The crust was Neopolitan like and the pie was in perfect balance.  The second pie was a sauce/cheese Detroit.  The crust was excellent and the sharp white cheddar was really addicting especially on the edges where it was caramelized.   Tony's pizzas impress with their balance and high quality ingredients and I recommend them highly. We ate the whole NY and only got a 1/3 through the Detroit.  I am also amazed at how he can keep quality so high with so many employees.  Thanks to Tony and Mike.  Both are pizza nuts and gentlemen.  Walter

PS: The décor is wild with a real Peterbuilt semi cab over the bar which is the DJ's booth
SMILING WITH HOPE PIZZA MISSION STATEMENT
TO CREATE HOPE AND MEANING IN THE LIVES OF PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES
http://www.smilingwithhopepizza.com/

Offline waltertore

• Lifetime Member
Re: pizza rock sacramento
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 11:11:09 PM »
some interior shots of the place. It is a very upscale decor 8)  Walter

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always working and looking for new information!
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 11:33:43 PM »
Walter,

Tony's pizzeria looks so cool!

Norma

Offline AltaCaliforniaPizza

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 08:52:49 PM »
Next time you're passing through Sac, you gotta try Hot Italian and/or Masullo, if you haven't tried them. Onespeed is pretty awesome, as well. Masullo is probably my favorite. In fact, Chris Bianco says it's one of his top 10 pizzerias in the US. That white cheddar pie sounds like the bees knees!! That's cool that you formed that pizza connection. Do you have your own pizza shop?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 08:54:56 PM by AltaCaliforniaPizza »

Offline waltertore

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 09:26:27 PM »
Next time you're passing through Sac, you gotta try Hot Italian and/or Masullo, if you haven't tried them. Onespeed is pretty awesome, as well. Masullo is probably my favorite. In fact, Chris Bianco says it's one of his top 10 pizzerias in the US. That white cheddar pie sounds like the bees knees!! That's cool that you formed that pizza connection. Do you have your own pizza shop?

Thanks for that info.  I have eaten at one speed and IMO Tony's pie are in another league.  Masullo is one I haven't tried and will next time.  Yes, we have a pizzeria in Reno, NV.  It should be open by the end of the month.  Here is a link to it.   I was raised in the NJ/NYC pizza world and I prefer a NY deck pie over the WFO variations but Tony's pie are all good to my belly :-D Walter