Author Topic: Pictures of pseudo Neapolitan Pizza  (Read 9715 times)

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
Re: Pictures of pseudo Neapolitan Pizza
« Reply #120 on: August 18, 2012, 08:48:23 PM »
Oh I agree Bill. and believe me I'm thankful for what we DO have by way of information from Marco in the past. I just think it's a shame there's a large body of knowledge trapped there, that doesn't seem to be coming out anytime soon.  

His living is made consulting on Neapolitan pizza. Why on earth would he divulge that information and make his consultancy worthless?

But I will say he is given all of us enough info to make some incredible pizza over the last 7 years he has been posting. Being able to decipher his sometimes cryptic nuggets of info has been extremely satisfying to me.

John

cornicione54

« Reply #121 on: August 18, 2012, 08:53:11 PM »
His living is made consulting on Neapolitan pizza. Why on earth would he divulge that information and make his consultancy worthless?

But I will say he is given all of us enough info to make some incredible pizza over the last 7 years he has been posting. Being able to decipher his sometimes cryptic nuggets of info has been extremely satisfying to me.

John
Actually I think his work covers more than just consulting on Neapolitan pizza but I don't see how being less cryptic equates to devaluing his real life consultancy.  ???

cornicione54

« Reply #122 on: August 18, 2012, 08:58:03 PM »
To the contrary, I believe that Marco has gained quite a few clients through being involved on this forums.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #123 on: August 18, 2012, 08:58:37 PM »

John
IMHO...txcraig is so genuine and forthcoming I am starting to wonder what all the fuss is about here.
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #124 on: August 18, 2012, 09:04:20 PM »
Actually I think his work covers more than just consulting on Neapolitan pizza but I don't see how being less cryptic equates to devaluing his real life consultancy.  ???

BINGO!!!   It don't....an the sooner he gets over himself, I mean, gets over it ....the sooner all this bs will stop...

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #125 on: August 18, 2012, 09:11:00 PM »

Just as much as you want to know what is in his head, so do others. And they pay for it. I am not sure how that does not equate to real value to you.

John

cornicione54

« Reply #126 on: August 18, 2012, 09:17:15 PM »
Just as much as you want to know what is in his head, so do others. And they pay for it. I am not sure how that does not equate to real value to you.

John

John, I hold the same respect and value for Marco's knowledge as you do. I'm not sure where you got the idea to the contrary from ???

To be clear: I wasn't demanding that Marco reveal everything he knows "for free". I was addressing the manner in which he has interacted with these forums in the past.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 09:19:12 PM by cornicione54 »

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #127 on: August 18, 2012, 09:19:34 PM »
'Cmon man.....everyone defends him by saying that is why he hasn't written his book yet. OK, fine...this here 'lil 'ol pizza forum ain't no book....can you please understand that.....people he is consulting to do not want to wade through pizzamaking.com....if there was a book,sure.....capisce?

cornicione54

« Reply #128 on: August 18, 2012, 09:30:20 PM »
Look if I have given anyone (including Marco if you're reading this) the impression that I am being disrespectful, then you have my sincere apologies. It was not my intention to question anyone's reputation or pizza abilities or the value of their knowledge.
Back to the pizza...

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #129 on: August 18, 2012, 09:36:03 PM »
I was addressing the manner in which he has interacted with these forums in the past.

In a former life, I conducted orchestras. I sometimes had to work with singers. Singers are truly the most arrogant, selfish, annoying bunch of "musicians" on the planet. Everyone in the orchestra hates them. I say these things with fondness since many of my friends are singers and would laugh at what I just wrote (but it's true).

When a soprano was adamant that she wanted to hold a particular note longer than the composer notated, and I would gently suggest to her that being true to the composers intentions outweighed her wish to show off her voice, I would most likely get a stinging smile, and a note that was held even longer the next time. She did not care, she knew she was right.

Such is the mentality and temperament of an artist. Sometimes they are infuriating. Even worse if they are Italian. Just listen to the beautiful music - it's worthwhile even with all the ancillary baggage.

John

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #130 on: August 18, 2012, 09:39:15 PM »
FWIW,  if it was me..I'd put out as much "knowledge" as I know. This creates respect and prestige. Building a "hype" image is shallow and not long lasting. Which would you hire if YOUR money was on the barrel head? You can only fool some of........

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #131 on: August 18, 2012, 10:39:15 PM »

'Cmon man.....everyone defends him by saying that is why he hasn't written his book yet. OK, fine...this here 'lil 'ol pizza forum ain't no book....can you please understand that.....people he is consulting to do not want to wade through pizzamaking.com....if there was a book,sure.....capisce?

Do you two mind me asking what you do for a living?

Say your both auto mechanics. You've spent a better part of your life repairing cars. You spent a lot of time and money on tools and equipment. It's taken you years to master your craft and gain your knowledge of the trade. You've built your own business from the ground up with your hard work. Then say someone walks into you shop and tells you(not asking politely) to show you how to repair their car. He wants to put it on your lift. He wants to use all your tools. He wants all the knowledge you've learned over the years. He wants you to stand there and tell him exactly what to do. And he wants it all for free.

Now, what are you going to say to that person and what is your mannerism and attitude going to be towards him?

Offline Mangia Pizza

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #132 on: August 18, 2012, 10:44:47 PM »

Say your both auto mechanics. You've spent a better part of your life repairing cars. You spent a lot of time and money on tools and equipment. It's taken you years to master your craft and gain your knowledge of the trade. You've built your own business from the ground up with your hard work. Then say someone walks into you shop and tells you(not asking politely) to show you how to repair their car. He wants to put it on your lift. He wants to use all your tools. He wants all the knowledge you've learned over the years. He wants you to stand there and tell him exactly what to do. And he wants it all for free.

Now, what are you going to say to that person and what is your mannerism and attitude going to be towards him?

BRAVO!
Paolo

Offline ThatsAmore

« Reply #133 on: August 18, 2012, 10:47:28 PM »
Here comes them 8oz Everlast gloves again  ::)
Who put that pie in my eye ?

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #134 on: August 18, 2012, 11:00:52 PM »

I am in the auto restoration business. My clients are wealthy car collectors/investors. I DO NOT ADVERTISE....get the difference man?  Furthermore, I have never "told" anyone, anywhere on this forum to do/show me ANY particular thing ever, so I truly suggest you get yer facts right friend before you try an single me out.

Offline Mangia Pizza

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #135 on: August 18, 2012, 11:07:05 PM »
Here comes them 8oz Everlast gloves again  ::)

Oh no, the "metallurgic professional" is arrived..... please try not to Hijack this thread too..... hopefully is not too much to ask....
Paolo

cornicione54

« Reply #136 on: August 18, 2012, 11:07:56 PM »
@John dellavecchia
Thankyou for that wonderful analogy! And yes I agree with you. I should note that yours (and andreguidon's) expansions on Marco's words have also been "music" to my ears :)

@BrickStoneOven
Quote from: BrickStoneOven
He wants you to stand there and tell him exactly what to do. And he wants it all for free.
Quote from: Cornicione54
To be clear: I wasn't demanding that Marco reveal everything he knows "for free".

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #137 on: August 18, 2012, 11:14:49 PM »
I am in the auto restoration business. My clients are wealthy car collectors/investors. I DO NOT ADVERTISE....get the difference man?
No, I don't, honestly. But what if your wealthy collectors/investors came into your shop and "asked" you do restore their car, they wanted to watch you everyday while you were doing it and learn how to do it themselves. And all for free. What would you say to that? And this is an honest question, I'm not trying to be annoying. What would you honestly say to them. And I know those restorations take a lot of time.

Furthermore, I have never "told" anyone, anywhere on this forum to do/show me ANY particular thing ever, so I truly suggest you get yer facts right friend before you try an single me out.
I'm pretty sure I quoted two people, not just you. But you two seem to be the driving force in badgering him. Just sayin'.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #138 on: August 18, 2012, 11:16:23 PM »
Oh no, the "metallurgic professional" is arrived..... please try not to Hijack this thread too..... hopefully is not too much to ask....
Paolo,
That wasn't really necessary was it....so many threads here go off track often...he was only trying to be helpful....your comment does nothing towards getting back on track does it my friend?

Offline ThatsAmore

« Reply #139 on: August 18, 2012, 11:17:23 PM »

Don't you mean "has"? Oh ye of neolithic thought
Who put that pie in my eye ?