Author Topic: Garcia's Pizza Champaign IL  (Read 5853 times)

Offline ACC

• I Love Pizza!
Garcia's Pizza Champaign IL
« on: October 27, 2005, 03:41:38 PM »
Ate there yesterday.  Joe was actually working behing the counter.  Had a gut buster -- great as usual.

Offline lilbuddypizza

• Cheesy dude
Re: Garcia's Pizza Champaign IL
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 06:46:34 AM »
Ate there yesterday.  Joe was actually working behing the counter.  Had a gut buster -- great as usual.
???????????
I thought they sold Garcia's??? If they didn't, why the decline in taste? ???

Offline pizza4college

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 08:07:14 PM »
Used to manage at Garcia's in the mid-nineties.  They were making the dough at the headquarters (on the other side of Champaign) and delivering it daily to the stores.  A huge change in quality occured when they switched to partially baked (frozen) dough around 1995.  It arrived already in the rectangular shape and you could chuck it across the kitchen like a frisbee.  In my opinion that par-baked dough tasted like cardboard and I stopped eating it (even though it was a free meal for me when I worked there). :-\

Offline lilbuddypizza

• Cheesy dude
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2005, 08:18:35 AM »
God, I hate when places substitute ingredients that helped make them so good. On one hand, it probably kept the price reasonable for the college student, but on the other hand,now they stink. I make an oath that if I ever have a piiza joint, I will not change the pizza when I become successful. ;)