Author Topic: New oven build  (Read 2935 times)

Offline breadstoneovens

• Vendor
    • Bread Stone Ovens
Re: New oven build
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2012, 07:04:07 PM »
Very impressive oven and the pizza turned great.

Antoine
WFO cooking is about passion.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2012, 08:54:58 PM »
Most excellent rig there lenny. And the pie turned out beautifully...I love a gp & on pizza pie every now and then... 8)
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline landras

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2012, 12:39:07 PM »
very nice pizzas man

Offline matermark

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2013, 11:59:36 PM »
Did you just try out the motor in the old setup to see if it worked ok?

Did you make a NEW oven after that? Do you have more pics of it?

I have a Masterbuilt Stainless Steel Smoker that had a digital control panel and an insulated vertical case around 30" tall. The heating element in the bottom went bad and for warranty repair they send a new case and you transfer the door, latch, grates and digital control panel from the old one to the new box.

So now I have an extra insulated stainless smoker case, but no door, sitting around doing nothing that I may consider getting rid of or doing something like you did. It originally had 4 removable grates spaced maybe 5-6 inches apart/above each other and a wood box near the bottom that has a side chute that pulls out the side, so wood chunks or chips could be added without opening the door. The electric heating element is near the bottom, below the wood box. Maybe it can take an upper heating element where a grate went, a pizza stone the next level down, and another element below it... or even just convert it to propane. Maybe even keep the smoker function.

I'd like to see more pics & ideas if you have any.