Author Topic: Retrofit an IR rotisserie burner on Weber Genesis?  (Read 1386 times)

Offline bfguilford

• Lifetime Member
Retrofit an IR rotisserie burner on Weber Genesis?
« on: August 21, 2012, 10:27:51 PM »
After searching this forum, and giving Google a workout, I'm wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to retrofit a rear mounted infrared rotisserie burner onto a Weber Genesis Gold (10 years old), and where I could source one of them.

Thanks.

Barry
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline bfguilford

• Lifetime Member
Re: Retrofit an IR rotisserie burner on Weber Genesis?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 03:16:58 PM »
I've been thinking about this some more, and am trying to figure out if this is even possible to do safely. I don't have a gas line or igniter to run a fourth burner. Another member has offered his IR burner, I want to think this through before I get him to ship it, since propane has been known to go "boom".

Thoughts, anybody???

Barry
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline pizzaneer

• Pizza and zen more pizza
Re: Retrofit an IR rotisserie burner on Weber Genesis?
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 03:50:17 PM »
I've been thinking about this some more, and am trying to figure out if this is even possible to do safely. I don't have a gas line or igniter to run a fourth burner. Another member has offered his IR burner, I want to think this through before I get him to ship it, since propane has been known to go "boom".

Thoughts, anybody???

Barry

Buceriasdon would probably be your best resource on fitting it. Sounds interesting!
I'd rather eat one good meal a day than 3 squares of garbage.

pizzapan