What was the size or weight of the can and how much?Is there anything on a label you can share from the can?I will try and see if my local mall sbarro's will sell me some too,would love to experiement with their pizza sauce.Yet I was wondering what you paid for,how much,weight and etc of the cans.
Hope you dont mind.
Hey chickenparm, I do not mind at all. Let me see here -
1) The specs say Net WT. 106 OZ (3.01) KG
2) It's a yellow can that says on top "Made From Mama's Original Family Recipe". Between Mama's and Original is a picture of I suppose "Mama".
3) Can is yellow and heavy as you might suspect from it being 106 OZ. Actually it's the same can as Lydia posted a photo of above.
4) It was $15.50. The manager said he could sell it for me for the price of a whole cheese pizza. I said that's fine. I had purchased one before from them months ago and they charged me the price of a combo meal which was like $9 plus tax or whatever that was. This time it was more. I think because a different person sold it to me. I was hoping for $9 plus tax rather than $15.50 plus tax but how can I complain it taste good and there is plenty in there for many pizzas. Last time there was so much I did not finish it and it went spoiled. This time I'll do a better job of preserving the life of the sauce. I forget how much these were being sold at Smart & Final for. Too bad S&F don't sell them anymore. I should have stocked up on them.
5) Ingredients (in another post in another thread someone posted these ingredients too so I guess it's no secret but here it is) - Tomato Puree, Ground Tomatoes, Salt, Sugar, Spices.
So we kind of know what's in it but the big secret is what are the spices and what proportions of everything is in it? Also do they cook it up or is it cold when they make it and never cooked up. I'm not a sauce maker so I'm in the dark on this subject.
I love the pasta sauce and under the impression it was the same but it is not from what he tells me. I'd like to buy some pasta, maybe the chicken Parmesan and get a good taste of the pasta sauce then buy some. Also would like to get the lasagna.
Hope this helps