Author Topic: HELP! Need Sbarro's thin pizza sauce  (Read 6833 times)

Offline chickenparm

• Oh No,Not Pizza Again!!!
Re: HELP! Need Sbarro's thin pizza sauce
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2010, 12:09:15 AM »
stanislaus full red needs some sugar added to make it really good.  maybe some basil and parsley, some garlic, but it really needs sugar.  too dry
:-D
You just added a whole bunch of stuff to that! That bad for ya straight from the can?
 ;)
I have the Escalon/Allegro sauce,but yes,many times some of these sauces might need some tweaking to our own palates.

I plan to take several cups of sauce out and with each cup,one will get a certain extra spice added or a little more salt,or a little more sugar and see if it does enhance the flavor should I feel its lacking straight from the can.

Don't forget to shake some of these cans a lot before opening,then mix them well in the bowl or pot,before sampling!
 :)

-Bill

Offline PizzaEater101

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2010, 12:35:24 AM »
You just added a whole bunch of stuff to that! That bad for ya straight from the can?
 ;)
I have the Escalon/Allegro sauce,but yes,many times some of these sauces might need some tweaking to our own palates.

I plan to take several cups of sauce out and with each cup,one will get a certain extra spice added or a little more salt,or a little more sugar and see if it does enhance the flavor should I feel its lacking straight from the can.

Don't forget to shake some of these cans a lot before opening,then mix them well in the bowl or pot,before sampling!

I'm bad at tweaking sauces.  I know what I like but I don't know how to get it, therefore a sauce must taste good right out of the jar or can otherwise I am not going to make it good.  If it's not to my liking and I try to tweak it I guarantee you it will turn out bad.  So if  the Sbarro taste great and it cost me $15.50 and not a penny more I'll buy it because you get a lot of pizzas out of it.

Offline chickenparm

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2010, 03:02:23 AM »
I'm bad at tweaking sauces.  I know what I like but I don't know how to get it, therefore a sauce must taste good right out of the jar or can otherwise I am not going to make it good.  If it's not to my liking and I try to tweak it I guarantee you it will turn out bad.  So if  the Sbarro taste great and it cost me $15.50 and not a penny more I'll buy it because you get a lot of pizzas out of it.

Im in the same boat as you,I prefer just buying a can or a jar and using it.I have made my own sauce from crushed tomatoes and puree scratch and they have been pretty good,but I never got that WHAM,Thats it! taste yet.Still experimenting....

That is why Im buying Escalon and Stanislaus products when I can get them.The sauce I bought is already prepared,ready to go.Until I try more cans of stuff,I dont want to be stuck where Im always at right now.

-Bill

Offline c0mpl3x

• crumb bubbles!
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2010, 01:12:36 PM »
 ;)

i use the sauce exclusively here at home.  the sauce is a good sauce, and an excellent base.  it's just too bitter for a straight up NY sauce.  2-3T of sugar per #10 seem to really liven the sauce up.   
Hotdogs kill more people than sharks do, yearly.

Offline chickenparm

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2010, 02:27:48 PM »

i use the sauce exclusively here at home.  the sauce is a good sauce, and an excellent base.  it's just too bitter for a straight up NY sauce.  2-3T of sugar per #10 seem to really liven the sauce up.   

Which can are you talking about,the Stanislaus or the Escalon allegro red sauce I mentioned?
Thanks.

-Bill

Offline c0mpl3x

• crumb bubbles!
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2010, 02:30:21 PM »
Which can are you talking about,the Stanislaus or the Escalon allegro red sauce I mentioned?
Thanks.

stanislaus full red.

escalon allegro needs no fixing imo.  when i used to manage a shop that used (allegro) that sauce, it won awards from the local paper.
Hotdogs kill more people than sharks do, yearly.

Offline PizzaEater101

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2010, 02:40:49 PM »
You guys are inspiring me to make my own sauce.  When I say make my own sauce I mean follow a recipe with quality ingredients.  I'm no sauce maker so I need to follow a recipe.  I love the Sbarro sauce but I don't want to have to depend on going to Sbarro's to buy it.  I'm sure the Sbarro clone sauce on this site is good or other NY Pizza sauce recipes here are good. 

pizzapan