Author Topic: Cassano's pizza lover from Ohio  (Read 1122 times)

Offline jvansky777

Cassano's pizza lover from Ohio
« on: August 25, 2012, 12:14:55 PM »
Well my guy friend and I have a love for cassano's pizza...It has been our favorite pizza for 20 plus years ever since we dated in high school. Just looking to see if there is recipes out there to where I can surprise him with my homemade version that taste similar for our special date. Any input would be appreciated. Pizza is my favorite food!!!

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Cassano's pizza lover from Ohio
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 12:24:32 PM »
Well my guy friend and I have a love for cassano's pizza...It has been our favorite pizza for 20 plus years ever since we dated in high school. Just looking to see if there is recipes out there to where I can surprise him with my homemade version that taste similar for our special date. Any input would be appreciated. Pizza is my favorite food!!!

Welcome,

If you do a forum search using the term Cassano (without the apostrophe s, which the forum's search engine will not recognize), you will see that there are no recipes for the Cassano's dough. You might also post your questions on the main forum where it is far more likely to be seen by our members, most of whom do not look at introductory posts.

Peter

buceriasdon

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 01:08:57 PM »
Like Peter, you may have better luck posting to the General Board. It appears to be a sheeted skin with a rather, to put it politely, abundant amount of toppings. I doubt with that much topping it could be called a thin and crispy.
Don
I did find this for sauce: http://cinemongirl.blogspot.mx/2008/08/whats-pizza.html
this might be a similar crust:  http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,5977.0.html
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 01:34:59 PM by buceriasdon »

Offline Aimless Ryan

• Snarky
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 03:23:11 PM »

I'd like to be able to reproduce Cassano's, and I may eventually attempt it. I can tell you right now that if anyone on these boards is ever going to try it, it'll most likely be me.

I've had many Cassano's pizzas throughout my life, but it's been a couple years since my last visit, so my memory of the details of their pizza is a little hazy. From what I remember, the most prominent characteristics are: 1) Their crust is very thin and very crispy, not crunchy, with coarse salt on the bottom of the crust, as well as possibly a little bit of blistering on the bottom; 2) The crust is all one layer, rather than having several distinct layers; and 3) Their sauce is more like a paste than a liquid, and it's pretty sweet. Sugar sweet, not basil sweet.

Does that sound like Cassano's as you know it?

Since I live outside Columbus, rather than Dayton, I don't have a lot of opportunities to go to Cassano's. However, since most of my family lives in the Dayton area, I do go to/through Dayton maybe 5 or 10 times a year. So if you're serious about learning how to do this, I might make a trip to Cassano's to refresh my memory next time I visit family in the Dayton area (which will be in less than a week).

Here's one thing you should know right now: If you respond to this post and show a real interest in learning how to replicate Cassano's pizza, there's a good chance I will try to help you figure out how to do it. But if you never respond to this, there's almost no chance I will do it unless I end up deciding to do it for myself. I'm not trying to be a jerk by saying that. Rather, I'm telling you this because new users show up here all the time, asking questions and then disappearing forever, never thanking or even acknowledging the people who take their valuable time to answer such questions. So if you don't respond to this post, you can't expect me to try to help you.

Also, if you don't already know this, you're not just going to replicate Cassano's with one try, even if I figure out how to do it for you. If you really want to do it, you're gonna have to invest some time and energy; trial and error.

So if you understand that, and if you are willing to participate in the trials and errors of trying to clone Cassano's, show me, at least by replying to my post here. (And maybe also send me a PM, just in case I never see that you've replied.)