Author Topic: pizza dough suggestions  (Read 1613 times)

Offline AdamtheGreek

• I Love Pizza!
pizza dough suggestions
« on: November 01, 2005, 10:54:21 PM »
Hey all!
             My name's Adam and I'm relatively new to the forum.  I am origionally from Chicago but moved out here to Arizona for school and miss my Chicago pizza dearly.  So in absence of Lou's, Uno's, Giordano's etc. I have been making my own for about 2 years and request anyone's assistance.  My first problem is that I am at 5,000ft altitude and makes pizza making difficult.  For the most part, I've learned to alter the recipes pretty well so if you send me a recipe, I'll be able to convert it.  My other problem is that my crust turns out too bready and nothing like the originals from home.  I've gotten recipes that say they are the "real" and "authentic" recipes for these restaurants but haven't gotten the results that I wanted.  I've also gotten mixed recipes saying to "use cornmeal" or "don't use cornmeal" and "you need to use shortening" or "shortening ruined my pizza." etc.  I'm just looking for anyone who has had moderate-outstanding results with the pizza recipes I'm looking for.  Again, I'd appreciate any help from anyone.  Good to be on the forum and look forward to speaking and meeting to a bunch of you all!  Thanks.

Offline buzz

Re: pizza dough suggestions
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 09:35:04 AM »
Look for posts tagged "authentic" or "Giordano's" under me name, and you should be able to cure the "bready" problem--your current results are what started me on the quest for an authentic restaurant-style Chicago deep dish recipe several years ago!

Don't use corn meal. Use oil instead of shortening.

pizzapan