Author Topic: Dog Pictures  (Read 15686 times)

Offline rcbaughn

• Supporting Member
  • Love my pup and pizza!
    • My Facebook
Dog Pictures
« on: August 29, 2012, 06:05:47 AM »
I thought I'd post up a picture I took of my boy the other day since the picture of him in my avatar was taken a few Christmases ago when he was still a pup.

He has a real rough life to say the least.

More is better..... and too much is just right.

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
Re: Dog Pictures
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 07:29:09 AM »
This is Gustavo a.k.a. "Tavo". He is with me 24/7. Also here is Maya, his little sister.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 08:10:03 AM »
My old boy puppy picture taken this morning.  He now really doesn't want to take long walks anymore and is content to sleep a lot.  Just mention a kitten or cat and he is up and running.  :-D  He had two hind legs operations about 2 years ago.  His beard is really getting gray. 

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline pizzaneer

• Pizza and zen more pizza
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 08:55:14 AM »
Here's my boy Rebel.  He's an Alaskan Husky, and is sweet, playful and mischievous as hell.  Gets along great with my other puppy Darwin.

edit:
was rescued from a high-kill shelter in WVa, was 2 days from death when we swooped in.... can't imagine how people can do that and sleep at night
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 02:05:46 PM by pizzaneer »
I'd rather eat one good meal a day than 3 squares of garbage.

Offline Ev

• Supporting Member
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 09:21:49 AM »
This is my dog, Sally,(g.retriever) and her dog, Stanley,(goldendoodle) rescuing my fire wood during some flooding last year.

Offline slybarman

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 09:39:36 AM »
So wait, your dog has dog? Does dog #2 know he report to dog #1?  ;)

Edit - I am thinking now that "her dog" meant your wife's dog and not your dog's dog.  :-[
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 09:52:43 AM by slybarman »

Online TXCraig1

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 10:16:03 AM »
Java taking a break a couple days ago.
Pizza is not bread.

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 10:19:56 AM »
At Craig's Texas Pizza Summit, we all got to see what a remarkable dog Java is. I don't think he barked even once during the entire time.

There is a touching story about how Craig and his family got Java. I hope he will tell it sometime.

Peter

Online TXCraig1

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 10:54:05 AM »
Thanks Pete. He is a great dog. We rescued him when he was four. His previous owners were not mean to him per-se - they just didn't pay any attention to him. The put him in their back yard and four years later figured out it wasn't fair to the dog to leave him back there by himself. My wife found out about him through a mutual friend, and we said we would bring him home for the weekend, and if we liked him we would keep him.

I think it took about 15 seconds for us to figure out that we would keep him. He spent a handful of nights in the garage at his other house – when it was freezing outside or when a hurricane came – other than that, he was in the yard, and never in their house – not even one time in four years. He went from an outside dog to a sleep on the bed with us dog in one night and never had to be house trained.

When we called to tell them that we would keep Java, I could tell that the guy was worried that I was calling to tell him I was bringing him back. He sounded quite relieved when I said we would keep him. For months, my wife was petrified with the idea that they might change their minds and want him back. She is a girly girl and not at all a violent person – but mess with “her” dog, and she would open an industrial-sized can of whoop-ass on you quick.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline enchant

• World-class pizza maker in the making
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2012, 12:01:48 PM »
My rescue story is similar.

I was on my way to the store when I saw a cocker trotting down the street, not far from my house.  I pulled over to check for ID tags.  None.  The dog seemed very frightened and timid, but let me approach it, and it finally warmed up to me.  My wife and I started visiting the surrounding neighbors looking for a lead.

Finally we found one that knew the dog. She seemed very troubled by it and told us the story.  It belonged to her next door neighbor.  Their previous dog had died of neglect (according to this neighbor).  When the children cried, soft-hearted Grandma saved the day by buying them a new puppy.  After the novelty wore off, this dog's life pretty much picked up where the last one left off.  Most of its meals were provided by sympathetic neighbors.  When the neighbor realized that we were "dog people", she pleaded with us to just take the dog and not say anything to the owner.

Now we were in a quandary.  On the one hand, I didn't want to give the dog back to people that were going to give it a miserable life, but on the other, I know how I'd feel if my dog was "stolen".  We sought the advice of a married couple who were good friends and dog professionals - Jeff a veterinarian, and Laurel a trainer.  Their advice was to NOT bring the dog back to the owners and NOT advertise that we found a lost dog.  We should simply see if they made any attempt to find the dog.  Laurel said, "If I ever lost one of my dogs, within 24 hours, there would not be a single person in a 20 mile radius that didn't know about it."

We watched all local newspapers and grocery store bulletin board and saw no attempts to find her.  And to make things even better, the family moved away, two years later.  She's been with us for ten years.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 12:03:24 PM by enchant »
--pat--

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2012, 02:02:35 PM »
Bo....guarding my bike...and posing!  8)
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline Ev

• Supporting Member
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2012, 02:35:49 PM »
So wait, your dog has dog? Does dog #2 know he report to dog #1?  ;)

Edit - I am thinking now that "her dog" meant your wife's dog and not your dog's dog.  :-[

Sally gave birth to Stanley. We let her keep him.

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2012, 02:38:11 PM »
Bo....guarding my bike...and posing! 

Bob,

Is that your WFO behind the bike, next to the fence? ;D

Peter

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2012, 02:39:25 PM »
Bob,

Is that your WFO behind the bike, next to the fence? ;D

Peter
Of course not silly...it's Bo's man!!    8)
Toll him the ceiling was too high but Bo knows....Sheesh!
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline RobynB

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2012, 03:19:37 PM »
Here's Rowdy.  He was retained by his breeder to be her next champion stud dog, and halfway there she did preliminary OFA's and discovered that one elbow wasn't perfect.  She's a very good breeder who won't breed less than perfect, so she neutered him and was looking for the perfect home.  Lucky me, I was looking for the right dog to be my pet and to license as a Therapy Dog, and found him.  He certified younger than any dog in our program and is a star with special kids, as well as being the best dog I've ever known.  I'm very lucky.

Offline pizzaneer

• Pizza and zen more pizza
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2012, 03:48:56 PM »
This thread has some of the best-looking, happiest dogs I've ever seen.  C'mon, I know there's someone with a butt-ugly dog out there!  Don't be shy!
I'd rather eat one good meal a day than 3 squares of garbage.

Offline slybarman

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2012, 07:52:58 PM »
Sally gave birth to Stanley. We let her keep him.

Well then, I guess he does know he reports to momma.

Offline rcbaughn

• Supporting Member
  • Love my pup and pizza!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2012, 08:02:05 PM »
There are some absolutely beautiful dogs being posted in this thread. I figured that a lot of us had pups that we cared for a great deal and it's awesome to see that rescues make up part of them. Next pup I get will be from a Weim rescue here in Alabama, or I may foster one till they find them a home.

And ugly dogs can be the best sometimes! Here is a picture of Maggie, my dad's dog. She is just a mutt, but she is by far the most humble and sweetest dog I know. She always piles on the back of the couch and grabs a flip flop from the door whenever she runs in the house.

I also wanted to put a pic up of my boy doing something other than sleeping to show that he isn't a lazy pup... Okay maybe he is lazy but he gets it honestly. Ha.

BTW Bob..... NICE BIKE!!!! I want to get one someday. Be nice to have one for parking around campus.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 08:06:34 PM by rcbaughn »
More is better..... and too much is just right.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2012, 11:56:04 PM »
Molly Girl ! too bad shes just not a little more friendly with my daughter
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Online TXCraig1

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2012, 11:57:54 PM »
With that grey on the face, Molly looks just like Java.
Pizza is not bread.

pizzapan