Author Topic: Margharita sliced pepperoni avaliabilty in In/Oh ?  (Read 1042 times)

Offline ZekeTheCat

• I Love Pizza!
Margharita sliced pepperoni avaliabilty in In/Oh ?
« on: August 30, 2012, 07:26:45 PM »
America's Test kitchen (ATK) on PBS TV, tested pizza pepperoni and rated Margharita Sliced Itallian Pepperoni as their favorite. I know it's available in the northeast where they're located but can't find it locally .

Was wondering if any stores in the central Indiana to western Ohio area carries it ? 
i've checked WalMart, Kroger and few others in my area to no avail.

Thanks for any Info.

Offline shuboyje

Re: Margharita sliced pepperoni avaliabilty in In/Oh ?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 09:42:57 PM »
I've never had the sliced, but most high end grocery stores here in MI carry their sticks in the deli counter and they are my personal favorite.
-Jeff

Offline Aimless Ryan

• Snarky
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 09:54:26 PM »
I'm pretty sure I've seen Margherita sticks around Columbus; possibly at the place where I buy most of my pizza ingredients. I was actually going to ask what their sticks were when I was there about a week ago, until I noticed that they had some foodservice-quality sliced pepperoni. I never ended up asking about the stick because I quickly decided to buy a pound of the sliced pepperoni. But you're not looking for the stick anyway. (The sliced pepperoni was not Margherita.)

Offline Ev

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 01:02:41 AM »
I've found that the pre-sliced Margharita is not the same pepperoni as the stick. I do like the stick, but the pre-sliced is no better than say, Hormel. Having said that, let me also say that I prefer Vermont brand smoked pepperoni over the Margharita stick.