Author Topic: Pizza suggestions in Italy  (Read 496 times)

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
Pizza suggestions in Italy
« on: August 31, 2012, 04:05:03 PM »
After reading the thread from our member in Noway re his upcoming trip to Italy, I thought that I would chime in and ask for any suggestions about places to eat pizza in the towns I am traveling too, also in Oct.
We, the wife and I, will be staying in Vernaza, Bologna, Venice, and Rome. I have considered a side trip to Naples, just for Pizza, from Rome, but considering the travel time, we will travel by train on this trip, and not knowing where to go once I got to Naples, it may be extravegant.

Any suggestions are appreciated. I have done some research already and have a few names but would love a recommendation from a member here.

Mark
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
Re: Pizza suggestions in Italy
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 10:10:59 AM »
In Rome:

1. Pizzarium
2. Forno Campo de’ Fiori

In Bologna - skip the pizza, but be on the lookout for white truffles (which might be in season). One of my favorite restaurants there is La Traviata on Via Urbana. It is not upscale, but you will have food that the people of Bologna eat.

John

Offline Protoolskaiser

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Pizza suggestions in Italy
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 11:40:31 AM »
In Rome:

1. Pizzarium
2. Forno Campo de’ Fiori

In Bologna - skip the pizza, but be on the lookout for white truffles (which might be in season). One of my favorite restaurants there is La Traviata on Via Urbana. It is not upscale, but you will have food that the people of Bologna eat.

John

Hello,
Don't skip Bologna in terms of neapolitan pizza!
This is the place to go:

PIZZERIA SPACCA NAPOLI
Via S. Vitale 45/A - 40125 Bologna (BO), Italy

I have been there many times. Make sure you get there early because usually it is very crowded.
They do an amazing neapolitan pizza there.
Cheers, Detlef.

pizzapan