Author Topic: What English sounds like to people who don't understand English.  (Read 593 times)

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
I was watching a podcast and they were talking about this and it was pretty funny. Has nothing to do with pizza.

Enjoy.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZXcRqFmFa8" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZXcRqFmFa8</a>

Offline TXCraig1

Re: What English sounds like to people who don't understand English.
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 12:05:52 AM »
Unless you are a dog.
I love pigs. They convert vegetables into bacon.

Offline Jackitup

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 12:29:26 AM »
HA, I just said that to my dog Kita last nite!! She doesn't do it often but a few times a year she's just gotta do it. One time I de-fatted a bunch of drippings from some pork butts I did in the smoker and the fat filled a quart sized ice cream container. Cooled it in the fridge to set and put it in the garbage and forgot to take it outside before I left for work. I came home and she was at the door when I got home. She looked at me, and slunk away with her head down leaving a puddle of pee on the floor as an instant sign of submission before I even saw the garbage in the kitchen and the grease slick of smoked pork fat on the living room carpet......probably the worst thing she's ever done. I "almost" felt bad for her :-D

Jon
Save A Cow, Eat A Vegan....Totally Organic And Hormone Free!!

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 12:32:49 AM »
My last lab, Scout, one time ate a full pound of chopped garlic I dumped in the compost pile. He walked up to me sometime later; I took a whiff, and I was like "oh no you didn't." That dog reeked for a week. No fleas though...

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 12:45:15 AM »
No fleas though...

And no vampires, either.

Offline Jackitup

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 01:22:34 AM »
My last lab, Scout, one time ate a full pound of chopped garlic I dumped in the compost pile. He walked up to me sometime later; I took a whiff, and I was like "oh no you didn't." That dog reeked for a week. No fleas though...

Good thing he's a big boy, that much garlic can eff a dog up if he were smaller. Good thing it wasn't onions!! They can get an anemic syndrome from onions, garlic too but it takes a lot more as I remember.

Jon

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2012, 01:30:40 AM »
He didn't seem any worse for the wear.

Offline SinoChef

• Not delivery ha ....OMG you.... Digiornoed me

Offline rcbaughn

• Supporting Member
  • Love my pup and pizza!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2012, 10:53:41 AM »
Is your pup younger Jon? My uncle had an older lab (about 9 years old) and he gave all the fat to her from a couple of smoked pork butts and she ended up dying from pancreas failure a few days later. The vet said that too much fat can make them extremely sick and die sometimes. Makes me a bit wary of giving Ruger a bunch of fat ever since. I worry about that more than I do chocolate or onions.

And it bothers me when someone I know is having a conversation close to me in a language I don't know. Makes me think they are only doing it to say bad stuff about me. :-D Guess that they would feel the same way though.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 10:56:04 AM by rcbaughn »
More is better..... and too much is just right.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2012, 11:15:21 AM »

Something like this Jon?  ;D

http://mybarks.com/sad-dog-has-a-guilty-conscience/
:-D  That dog knew he had a "time out" coming!  That was too funny!!  :-D
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline pizzaneer

• Pizza and zen more pizza
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2012, 12:06:11 PM »
Is your pup younger Jon? My uncle had an older lab (about 9 years old) and he gave all the fat to her from a couple of smoked pork butts and she ended up dying from pancreas failure a few days later. The vet said that too much fat can make them extremely sick and die sometimes. Makes me a bit wary of giving Ruger a bunch of fat ever since. I worry about that more than I do chocolate or onions.

And it bothers me when someone I know is having a conversation close to me in a language I don't know. Makes me think they are only doing it to say bad stuff about me. :-D Guess that they would feel the same way though.

Oh dude, that takes me back to my college days... spliff-intensive living, being paranoid + 99% deaf= MAJOR weirdness.  No one was actually talking behind my back about me... I think.  Hmm.  Gonna have to look up some people online. >:D
I'd rather eat one good meal a day than 3 squares of garbage.

Offline Jackitup

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2012, 12:29:06 PM »

No she's 12.5 years old, be 13 this coming March. Still very spry and showing just a hint of arthritis lately

Something like this Jon?  ;D

http://mybarks.com/sad-dog-has-a-guilty-conscience/

That is Kita right there. She won't make eye contact and will slink away like a snake when she gets busted, usually leaving a trail of pee behind as she goes :-D

pizzapan