Author Topic: How to stage multiple pizzas?  (Read 913 times)

Offline mikeb9550

How to stage multiple pizzas?
« on: September 01, 2012, 11:00:59 PM »
What is the best way to make 4-5 pies and have them ready to put on the BBQ grill? Pizza screen?   Did 3 today and it was hard running back and forth prepping, cooking, prepping, cooking, so on.

What are you guys doing?? Would like to prep all of them but the bottom sticks if left too long.

Offline Aimless Ryan

• Snarky
Re: How to stage multiple pizzas?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 11:49:01 PM »
Using screens is probably the easiest way, but you always end up with a pizza that was baked on a screen.

I know exactly what you're talking about because I've done that for parties more than a few times, usually with one pizza baking in the oven while another one bakes in the grill. When I've done that, I probably used screens for at least half of the pizzas because one person alone simply cannot tend two ovens 50 feet apart and stretch/assemble pizzas and still crank out the pizzas fast enough to keep up with demand. Just by stretching a few skins ahead of time and putting them on screens, then not having to worry about peeling those pizzas onto a stone the same size as the pizza, the work becomes considerably easier and more efficient.

Offline Jackitup

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 12:01:30 AM »
You want to prep them all on screens I assume, for faster launching from pie to pie, try lowering your hydration a bit and spray your screens with  some Pam/oil spray and see how that goes. A thought anyway. The longer they it on those screens the softer dough sinks through and as you found out, they stick and you get a mess.

Jon
Save A Cow, Eat A Vegan....Totally Organic And Hormone Free!!

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 12:27:26 AM »
Set you up a 'lil prep table/station right out there by the grill...open your dough balls 80% of the way in the house an place between parchment/waxed paper...
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline mikeb9550

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 07:20:27 PM »
Thanks. I will try the screens and parchment paper.

Offline rumper

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 01:42:56 AM »
I have cut a few pieces of particle board the same width as my fridge so they fit in the shelf grooves of my fridge.  I lay a tea towel on the boards then flour them, make the pizzas on the boards an into the fridge until guests arrive.  When ready I slide them off of the boards with a peel and straight onto the floor of the oven - works every time.

pizzapan