Author Topic: Sriracha Salt in Pizza Dough: by Brad English on Pizza Quest  (Read 2644 times)

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: Sriracha Salt in Pizza Dough: by Brad English on Pizza Quest
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2012, 05:15:30 PM »
Bill and Don,

I purchased some of the Shark brand of Sriracha Chili Sauce, along with some other stuff at the place I posted the link to in Reply 15.  They have so many products that I am not familiar with.  I sure wish I knew more about cooking with some of those ingredients at the vietworldkitchen supermarket.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

buceriasdon

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2012, 06:50:29 PM »
Norma, Was the store out of century eggs? :o Kidding, it's a acquired taste, or smell perhaps.
Don
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 07:32:50 PM by buceriasdon »

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2012, 08:26:21 PM »
Norma, Was the store out of century eggs? :o Kidding, it's a acquired taste, or smell perhaps.
Don

Don,

I didnít look at the eggs a lot, but noticed there were so really strange looking and sounding names for different eggs in a regular non-refrigerated grocery aisle.  Do you know what they use all of those eggs for?  Did you ever try some of those strange eggs in anything? 

I like good Chinese food in NY and also like a lot of Vietnamese food, but never learned how to cook much of any.  I used to work with a lot of Vietnamese women and they made really good food.  I was too busy at the time to learn how they made their foods. 

Norma

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2012, 08:43:50 PM »
I have one word for you, Norma: balut. There are two types of people in the world: those who will fearlessly try anything once and would happily try this Philippine fertilized duck egg. And then there those sane people who take one look at this gross monstrosity and run as fast and far as they can.

For all I know, it is the most delicious food on the planet, but my brain has prohibited my mouth from going near one.

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2012, 09:01:13 PM »
I have one word for you, Norma: balut. There are two types of people in the world: those who will fearlessly try anything once and would happily try this Philippine fertilized duck egg. And then there those sane people who take one look at this gross monstrosity and run as fast and far as they can.

For all I know, it is the most delicious food on the planet, but my brain has prohibited my mouth from going near one.

Bill,

I did Google the word balut, because I never heard of it before.  I know I am with you.  I never could eat balut, after seeing that picture.  :-X

Norma

Online TXCraig1

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2012, 09:59:23 PM »
Norma, I'm interested to hear what you think of the Kewpie mayo. I love it!!!
I love pigs. They convert vegetables into bacon.

Online TXCraig1

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2012, 10:02:22 PM »
One of my favorite uses for Kewpie mayo cut dry cuttlefish in to strips about 1/4" wide and toast them in a toaster oven and then dip them in a mixture of the mayo and masago (capelin roe).

CL
I love pigs. They convert vegetables into bacon.

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2012, 10:47:57 PM »
Norma, I'm interested to hear what you think of the Kewpie mayo. I love it!!!

Craig,

I never heard of Kewpie mayo until it was posted about here on the forum.  I am also anxious to try it.

One of my favorite uses for Kewpie mayo cut dry cuttlefish in to strips about 1/4" wide and toast them in a toaster oven and then dip them in a mixture of the mayo and masago (capelin roe).

CL

Thanks for posting one of your favorite uses for the Kewpie mayo.   :)

Norma