Author Topic: stoked wood fired pizza gets help from forum alumni :)  (Read 943 times)

Offline widespreadpizza

• my beer store opening in june 2011
Re: stoked wood fired pizza gets help from forum alumni :)
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2014, 09:28:18 PM »
Dude,  pizza looks awesome in that video.  I feel bad for that guy,  what a total moron....  you can hear the crisp!  Hope things are going nuts...

Offline Chaze215

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2014, 09:53:39 PM »
Moron is an understatement! He's some self proclaimed guru and doesn't know the difference between a cheese pie and margherita. Jackass.
Chaz

Offline waynesize

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2014, 10:49:52 PM »
 ^^^ Called himself  pizza mogul. Seemed borderline deranged to me.

Wayne

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2014, 08:48:51 PM »
hey guys, im not swettin that review.    He definitely liked the crust, and honestly the cheese and sauce, which he wasnt really into were free samples I was using up.   I drained every penny I have ever had into this business and by the time we opened I barely had enough money to even buy ingredients.  I wanted to leave no stone un turned as far as ingredients go, so I went nuts and called every company I knew of for free samples.   I had about 30lbs of cheese samples sitting around that I used up that first two days we were open.    Im actually impressed with him because he did call out the two things that I would say were not up to par. between the reject cheese samples, and a tomato that I didint even end up going with, I think his review was spot on.  Who reviews a pizzeria on the 2nd day they are open tho?   and im with you, if you dont know the difference between a margherita and a cheese pizza you shouldnt be calling yourself the pizza mogul!  Nevertheless I will take the 6 outta 10 and check out all our other reviews/yelp etc.   there are going to be good ones and bad ones, but only I know if I am doing my best.   So far I feel really good about the pizza, and I think that most of the time it has been high quality and a little unique.   I hope boston ends up feeling the same way!   
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 11:22:47 PM by scott r »

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2014, 08:50:45 PM »
only one yelp review so far, but check it out.

On a whim, just grabbed a pie at the new Stoked food truck parked today outside the Pru on Belvediere, along the Christian Science plaza.  Yes, these people mounted a wood fired brick oven in a truck.  You can see it burning in there.  I figured it would be a little gimmicky, but I really like brick oven pizza, so figured it had to be at least decent.  I got the buffalo chicken pizza.  Holy sheet pan, was it good!!  Great balance of flavors, complimentary and perfect.  The garlic, the bleu, the hot sauce.  None dominating, and just a little earthy char from the smoking oven.  There is some good pizza around, but at least this one, was at a whole...nuttha...level. WHOLENUTTHALEVEL!!!

Their dough is amazing, and made with a blend of organic flours.  Whole menu seems very vegetarian friendly, and responsibly sourced.  I care about the clean sourcing and all, second to food quality.  They seem to have managed to pull off the bonus plan here.  It is hard to believe they have only been at it a week.  I am going to mark my calendar for lunch next Tuesday when they will roll that firey red box of heaven back outside my office window.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 09:03:25 PM by scott r »

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2014, 08:15:28 PM »
I just found this review... interestingly im pretty sure its from the same day as the barstool sports guy, our second day in operation.   If you click on the picture of the truck it brings you to more photos etc. and if you click on each pizza photo after that it gets to more.   

http://www.2lunchcrew.com/posts/opening-day-2-2014

pizzapan