Author Topic: What are you drinking right now?  (Read 97445 times)

Offline SquirrelFlight

• Who needs nuts?
Re: What are you drinking right now?
« Reply #1720 on: March 04, 2013, 12:37:23 PM »
I read this article the other day that said making one's coffee pretty is sooooo not cool anymore. As usual, I am behind the curve. As long as your coffee gets you wired up = #winning!.

http://blog.zagat.com/2013/02/the-10-most-annoying-coffee-trends.html

I don't know anything about being cool... all I know is I always felt a little guilty about drinking pretty coffee.... some nice person behind the counter put a lot of effort into making it look that way, and now I go and ruin it...

Offline slybarman

• Supporting Member
Re: Re: What are you drinking right now?
« Reply #1721 on: March 04, 2013, 01:51:59 PM »
I really appreciate good latte art. It hits one more sense with the coffee experience that already had smell and taste going for it. It just makes it a bit more special for me. The theory behind it is that only espresso brewed properly with good crema, and only properly steamed microfoam milk will support latte art and therefor it can be a quick visual assurance of the quality of the drink. Maybe if I had to do it 200 times a day, it would get old quickly.

Offline pizzablogger

« Reply #1722 on: March 04, 2013, 07:30:37 PM »
Trappistes Rochefort 10 and a wedge a wonderfully fragrant Spanish Valdeon blue wrapped in chestnut leaves. Rochefort and blue cheese is a match made in heaven. Well at least a monestary.
"It's Baltimore, gentlemen, the gods will not save you." --Burrell

Offline Ev

« Reply #1723 on: March 05, 2013, 08:40:16 AM »
Trappistes Rochefort 10 and a wedge a wonderfully fragrant Spanish Valdeon blue wrapped in chestnut leaves. Rochefort and blue cheese is a match made in heaven. Well at least a monestary.

That's an amazing beer for sure! I wish I had some. :'(

Offline jb64

« Reply #1724 on: March 06, 2013, 11:56:27 PM »
Enjoying a glencairn of Elijah Craig 12 while perusing the forum.
Jim

Offline pizzablogger

« Reply #1725 on: March 07, 2013, 01:05:47 PM »
Flying Dog Single Hop El Dorado Imperial IPA.

Never had El Dorado hops before. Mixture of citrus and resiny/piney (more citrus) with a hint of bubble gum or passion fruit perhaps.

Alcohol (10%) is too prominent,  but a good beer. Not worth the price point however....Troeg's Nugget Nectar and Ballast Point Scilpin in the same price range and better beers.

I cannot stand the obnoxious branding of Flying Dog, but some of their beers are doing Maryland proud.
"It's Baltimore, gentlemen, the gods will not save you." --Burrell

Offline Don K

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #1726 on: March 07, 2013, 09:44:59 PM »
Lagunitas Sucks

It doesnt.
The member formerly known as Colonel_Klink

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #1727 on: March 07, 2013, 10:21:15 PM »
Lagunitas Sucks

It doesnt.
Cool label Colonel.....is that a blood splatter from the unfortunate dude that said "Lagunitas Sucks"  8)
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline Don K

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #1728 on: March 07, 2013, 10:46:54 PM »
Cool label Colonel.....is that a blood splatter from the unfortunate dude that said "Lagunitas Sucks"  8)
This is the story behind Lagunitas Sucks:
“This sad holiday season we didn’t have the brewing capacity to make our favorite seasonal brew, the widely feared BrownShugga’ Ale. You see, we had a couple of really good years and so heading into this season while we are awaiting the January delivery of a new brewhouse we are jammin’ along brewing 80 barrels of IPA and PILS and such every 3 hours. A couple of months back we realized that since we can only brew a mere 60 barrels of Shugga’ every 5 hours, that we were seriously screwed. For every case of Shugga’ brewed, we’d short 3 cases of our favorite daily beers. It’s a drag. This year, we brewed something that we think is also cool and brews more like our daily brews. The new brewhouse will help insure that this kind of failure never occurs again. It’s a mess that we cannot brew our BrownShugga’ this year and we suck for not doing it. There is nothing cool about screwing up this badly and we know it. Maybe we can sue our own sorry selves. There is no joy in our hearts this holiday and the best we can hope for is a quick, merciful end. F*@& us. This totally blows. Whatever. We freaking munch moldy donkey butt and we just want it all to be over..”

The original Sucks label had Santa Claus on it.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #1729 on: March 07, 2013, 11:20:36 PM »
I got dizzy reading all of that stuff Don...is it a blood splatter or not man?!     :P

Offline redox

« Reply #1730 on: March 08, 2013, 12:13:38 AM »
Enjoying a glencairn of Elijah Craig 12 while perusing the forum.
Elijah Craig 12 is an amazing value. Moderately priced so it can be enjoyed regularly and has many qualities of much more expensive whiskeys. It's my go-to drink of choice. I bought a glencairn from Amazon and while I'm not sure it has increased my appreciation of bourbon, I still feel I should be wearing a smoking jacket while using it.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #1731 on: March 08, 2013, 12:38:50 AM »
Elijah Craig 12 is an amazing value. Moderately priced so it can be enjoyed regularly and has many qualities of much more expensive whiskeys. It's my go-to drink of choice. I bought a glencairn from Amazon and while I'm not sure it has increased my appreciation of bourbon, I still feel I should be wearing a smoking jacket while using it.
You go boy!  8)  Redox deserves him one of these....http://www.amazon.com/Accoutrements-Smoking-Jacket-with-Scarf/dp/B007F4ZYLO/ref=pd_sxp_grid_pt_0_2

Offline jb64

« Reply #1732 on: March 08, 2013, 12:47:38 AM »

Elijah Craig 12 is a tremendous value and one of my favorite pours.  I am not trying to look snooty drinking out of the glencairn I just like it better than a rocks glass when drinking neat.
Jim

Offline jb64

« Reply #1733 on: March 08, 2013, 12:50:28 AM »
You go boy!  8)  Redox deserves him one of these....http://www.amazon.com/Accoutrements-Smoking-Jacket-with-Scarf/dp/B007F4ZYLO/ref=pd_sxp_grid_pt_0_2

That jacket is top notch.  May have to get one to go along with my snooty whiskey glass and my dominican cigar.
Jim

Offline Don K

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #1734 on: March 08, 2013, 11:41:22 AM »
I guess they named it Wilco Tango Foxtrot so as not to have Whiskey in the name?
I finally got what you were talking about here. That is probably is why. I know here in Ohio, there are certain things that they can and cannot pout on the label. I don't know if it's still this way, but here in Ohio, brewers couldn't call something a stout, because stout wasn't one of the registered names for alcoholic beverages. They had to be sure to put "stout ale" on the label because it had to have one of the registered names like beer, ale, lager. So I'm sure that putting "whiskey" on the label would be off limits.

Offline redox

« Reply #1735 on: March 08, 2013, 11:54:42 AM »

HA! Shows what you know, you used the wrong end of the horse.

Offline corkd

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1736 on: March 11, 2013, 08:44:54 PM »
a tale of 2 amari... siciia?... marche?...which one?  ok...both!

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #1737 on: March 11, 2013, 08:56:48 PM »
a tale of 2 amari... siciia?... marche?...which one?  ok...both!
From the position you took that pic....I think you've had enough young man.  8)

Offline slybarman

• Supporting Member
« Reply #1738 on: March 11, 2013, 09:01:29 PM »
From the position you took that pic....I think you've had enough young man.  8)

Nah, when you see the photo of the ceiling - he's done.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #1739 on: March 11, 2013, 09:25:33 PM »

Nah, when you see the photo of the ceiling - he's done.
Tru dat!

pizzapan