Author Topic: Pizza: The Gathering  (Read 5202 times)

Offline Pizza De Puta

Re: Pizza: The Gathering
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2012, 11:43:41 PM »
Stainless steel pans can be purchased in many sizes generically and be arranged in countless configurations depending on need.
RE

Offline Pizza De Puta

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2012, 11:44:53 PM »
Refrigerated lower compartment holds 15 cu ft of cheese on one side and . . .
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 05:35:13 PM by Pizza De Puta »
RE

Offline Pizza De Puta

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2012, 11:45:44 PM »
. . .  doughballs on the other.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 05:35:30 PM by Pizza De Puta »
RE

Offline jeffereynelson

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2012, 01:14:02 AM »
looks awesome. Glad you're happy. The only thing that worries me a bit about your policy is if the thing was all dinged up and didn't work very well you would have been stoked to pay the 600. I think your business plan should take some sort of depreciation factor into account for you and your wife to draw numbers from, instead of a flat 25%.

Offline Pizza De Puta

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2012, 05:03:32 PM »
The only thing that worries me a bit about your policy is if the thing was all dinged up and didn't work very well you would have been stoked to pay the 600.

That's absurd.  Had the unit been in good shape but 8 years old instead of just one, $600 would have been stretching it.  Or worse, if the prep table had been beaten up, missing parts or not cooling, it would have been some else's problem--simple as that.  I walk away from bad deals all the time.  With this piece, however, I feel reasonably confident that there is plenty of life left and it should not need any servicing prior to being put into long-term 24/7 use.  Hopefully I didn't get burned but that is always a possibility and one of the risks of buying used appliances.  Time will tell. 
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 06:31:17 PM by Pizza De Puta »
RE

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
    • The Hobby Cook
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2012, 06:03:01 PM »
I assume that the Mozza from TJ's is only for private use, right?

But it is great mozza, no question. You might be able to source it for your shop by checking with Cascade Dairy Products in Hayward who make the cheese for TJ's.
Mike

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."  - Albert Einstein

http://thehobbycook.blogspot.com/

Offline Pizza De Puta

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2012, 06:12:28 PM »
I assume that the Mozza from TJ's is only for private use, right?

But it is great mozza, no question. You might be able to source it for your shop by checking with Cascade Dairy Products in Hayward who make the cheese for TJ's.

Oh, that's really good to know.  We are still at least 6 months from opening and are well into recipe optimization.  However, we don't have a commercial facility yet and still have to buy cheese at the supermarket.  I've experimented with quite a few mozz brands, but I like TJs by the best.  TJs at $5 a pound in one pound packages works fine for experimentation in our practice kitchen but it's not something that's usable for market.  But if I could find this same cheese in 20 lb blocks at wholesale pricing under a different name, then I'd be the first in line.

THANKS FOR THE TIP!!  :chef:
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 09:00:34 PM by Pizza De Puta »
RE

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
    • The Hobby Cook
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2012, 06:45:35 PM »
Oh, that's really good to know.  We are still at least 6 months from opening and are well into recipe optimization.  However, we don't have a commercial facility and have to buy our cheese at straight retail.  I've experimented with quite a few mozz brands and like TJs the best.  But at $5 a pound, and one pound packages, it's OK for experimenting by not something that's usable for market.

THANKS FOR THE TIP!!  :chef:

It is hands-down the best retail whole milk mozza I have tried and gives Grande a good run for their money. It's almost just as good.

Here's the info on Cascade Dairy Products:

21090 Cabot Blvd
Hayward, CA 94545

(510) 784-8800
Mike

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."  - Albert Einstein

http://thehobbycook.blogspot.com/

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2012, 06:03:03 PM »
your pizza that is baking looks great. i like the way you are going about this. restaurant equipment is made to last.  at 25 cents on the dollar you will have low start up and be turning a profit very quickly. love your thread!!

Offline buhleedat

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2012, 03:09:42 PM »
Just wanted to say thanks a lot for this great thread, I'm looking forward to following your progress.

Best of luck!

Offline landras

« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2012, 03:49:14 PM »
Hi man, love your thread! keep posting, this is very interesting.....

could you explain the name Pizza de puta?
thanks

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2012, 05:42:12 PM »
could you explain the name Pizza de puta?

This is a family forum. Use the Google Spanish-to-English translator and you will find what Pizza de Puta translates into.

Peter

Offline landras

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2012, 05:56:43 PM »
This is a family forum. Use the Google Spanish-to-English translator and you will find what Pizza de Puta translates into.

Peter

Peter, my first language is spanish, that is the reason I am asking, it does not make any sense...

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2012, 10:08:21 AM »
English grammar, Spanish words.  It is backwards and means "pizza of the loose-moraled woman".  It is meant to be "he who will do anything for pizza".

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2012, 10:48:40 AM »
"pizza of the loose-moraled woman"

Tom,

That is not what I got when I used the Google translator :-D. If I posted what I got, the forum's filter would have deleted or changed it.

Peter

buceriasdon

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2012, 10:58:09 AM »
You are correct Peter and you noticed if you go the other direction, Spanish to English (as spelled in this instance) one gets a very, ahem, obscene result in the translation.
Don

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2012, 11:02:46 AM »
And if you state it grammatically correct in Spanish (puta de pizza), you get the same result as it is now.  The translator is programmed to do this.

buceriasdon

« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2012, 11:58:51 AM »
Well your Google translator must be different than mine. It will not reverse directly as you say: puta de pizza does not reverse to pizza de puta.  I find that quite common with translators.
Don

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2012, 12:37:42 PM »
Works the same for me:

buceriasdon

« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2012, 12:45:22 PM »
Must be different versions, I have Win7 so that could affect the outcome. It's also very possible living in Mexico and my Windows being in Spanish that the translator works different. I know my google translator does not look like yours.
Don

pizzapan