Author Topic: What is your real name?  (Read 3629 times)

Offline TXCraig1

What is your real name?
« on: September 08, 2012, 03:09:09 AM »
If you are comfortable sharing, what is your real name? First names only. We are all pretty good friends here. I would much rather address my friends by their real name rather than an impersonal user name. I would guess others feel the same way? We know a lot of our names, but it might be handy to have them all in one place to look up when needed.

I think it would also be interesting to hear the story behind your user name if it is not obvious.

My name is Craig - TXCraig1 was the first online name I ever had. To keep things simple, I've used the same name just about everyplace online.
I love pigs. They convert vegetables into bacon.

Offline Don K

• Lifetime Member
Re: What is your real name?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 03:54:23 AM »
I think that most here know that my real name is Don.

As for Colonel_Klink...My last name is German and starts with 'Klin'. Many years ago when I worked at a pizza shop, after discussing an episode of Hogan's Heroes, my coworkers gave me the nickname Colonel Klink. Eventually they usually just called me "The Colonel", or just "Colonel", or "Herr Commandant." I have never used the username anywhere else but it just seemed to fit for here.

The member formerly known as Colonel_Klink

Offline Jackitup

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 04:28:53 AM »
In honor of my grandson Jack I use his name to always remind me of him and where he went, Jackitup. Real name is Jon as most know. I thought Jackitup was a cool sounding handle he would like!!
Save A Cow, Eat A Vegan....Totally Organic And Hormone Free!!

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 06:01:10 AM »
I'm Chau, pronounced just like the Italian ciao.  Tran is my last name and Jackie Tran was just a nickname I was given at one of the places I worked at.  It's a spin off of the actor Jackie Chan's name.  I think it's a funny nickname and it makes ppl laugh so I use it.   I use to go by Tranman on other forums, but there would always be those few who couldn't resist making gender inappropriate jokes so Jackie Tran is a better choice.

Phar Lap

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 07:56:51 AM »
Adam...Phar Lap was the name of an amazing Depression era Australian race horse, who has a great story that I was introduced to in the early 1980s film of the same name when I was 8 years old.  I have been captivated with horse racing ever since.  Alas, my bank account is short a few zeros to actively participate in the sport of kings, but if Powerball ever comes through, I am headed to Churchill Downs.

Phar Lap loosely translated means "lighting," and appropriately is also the license plate for my red E46 M3 ;D.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 08:05:30 AM by Phar Lap »

Offline atom

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 08:18:49 AM »
Adam. Should be easier to figure out the screenname.

Offline Ev

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, 10:38:27 AM »
Ev is short for Evets which is Steve spelled backwards which is my real name. I got that nickname almost 40 years ago.

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2012, 10:44:27 AM »
Ev is short for Evets which is Steve spelled backwards which is my real name. I got that nickname almost 40 years ago.

Steve, do you pronounce it "Eve" or "E-v"?

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2012, 10:51:20 AM »
Steve, do you pronounce it "Eve" or "E-v"?

Chau,

I get that wrong everytime (even though I know Steve for awhile), but will let Steve explain.   :-D

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline Ev

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2012, 11:13:06 AM »
Low E,  Ev

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2012, 11:32:40 AM »
I'm Bob.  :o
Grew up in a Chicago suburb.
When I moved down South here 20 yrs. ago I noticed a lot of people calling me Bobby. Makes me feel like they think I'm a stock car driver or somethin'. Maybe it's cause I always have a hot rod car or 2 around, dunno.
But I like Bob, or CB as some have started calling me here lately. But you can pretty much call me whatever you want...as long as you have a smile on your face when you say it.  >:D
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline Jackitup

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2012, 12:21:53 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoYsfbq3vMc" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoYsfbq3vMc</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LztZu5s0-QU&amp;feature=related\" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LztZu5s0-QU&amp;feature=related\</a>

Remembered these from a couple years ago...... ???
Save A Cow, Eat A Vegan....Totally Organic And Hormone Free!!

Offline Aimless Ryan

• Snarky
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2012, 12:59:02 PM »
Obviously I'm Ryan.

"AimlessRyan" grew out of a project I originally intended to become a low-budget (or no-budget) documentary film chronicling what it's like to travel all over the United States with no predetermined direction or destination, living out of a backpack, essentially as a bum with a camera (hitchhiking, walking, eventually trainhopping, etc.). However, it became something more like a way of life, which evolved several times and ended with me walking 3,463 miles across the United States, from Santa Monica, CA to Coney Island, NYC. Even though I have maybe 150 hours of video, there probably will never be a documentary. (There may be some books someday, though.)

If you check out the Aimless web site, you'll probably think I'm a dick, and you'll probably be right. But even though the web site has a considerable amount of content (some videos and hundreds of blog posts), the web site is about 10 percent representative of who I am and what my travels have been like. Even though I seem pretty miserable in a lot of the blog posts I wrote while I was on the road, and even though this project never amounted to what I once hoped, I wouldn't trade my travels for anything.

Offline Woodfiredovenpizzero

• Nothing like a WFO Pizza in the backyard!
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2012, 02:40:16 PM »
Edgar here. Pizzero is Spanish (my primary language) for pizzaiolo in Italian or pizza man, or boy, or whatever we can call it in English. So hello I'm Edgar And I am a Pizza Fanatic! :)

Offline jeff v

• I'm Valentino not Varasano :)
    • Pizzeria Valentino
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2012, 03:37:01 PM »

I registered here before spending much time, and was not aware of another Jeff V (different username). I used to get quite a few questions, pm etc directed to him. I'm a member on a couple of other forums where I use jvalentino now-original again I know.  ;D

Offline pizzaneer

• Pizza and zen more pizza
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2012, 04:58:23 PM »
I'm Brian, and chose "pizzaneer" because of my strong interest in all things engineering-related. As my ava indicates, I promote and will help with DIY efforts whenever safe and possible.

I'd rather eat one good meal a day than 3 squares of garbage.

Offline wheelman

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2012, 06:54:35 PM »
Bill, retired motorcycle roadracer and pizza nut - wheelman...

Offline sajata

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2012, 07:02:13 PM »
not that i post a lot but Tim is my name, computer security type guy on the .mil side of the net...

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2012, 07:04:49 PM »
John Della Vecchia.

Della vecchia means "of the old" in Italian. My family came to the US in the early 1900's from Calabria and Campania. I am named after my paternal grandfather who came from Caserta, just outside of Naples.

John

Offline patnx2

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2012, 01:46:33 AM »
patrick from modesto.Patnx2 is for pat neligan and wife so pats 2.social worker,wanderer got old too soon and happly ol fool.
Patrick

pizzapan