Author Topic: What is your real name?  (Read 3977 times)

Offline TomN

• Supporting Member
Re: What is your real name?
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2012, 01:01:43 PM »
Easy to figure out. TomN and my name is Tom. I live in the Seattle, WA area. I have been making pizza for only a year, but have grown up with it all my life. I am a food salesman and recently i have been marketing to Pizzerias for their pizza supplies. Thus, to understand their needs, I started making pizza at home. I have gotten great tips/recipes from many people that have been in the pizza industry for years.

Many Pizzeria owners/cooks are willing to share tips and recipe helps. Others, seem to guard it like it is a military CIA operation. LOL. Either way, i really enjoy what i do and love the company that I work for. I will do this till I retire, if retirement is possible anymore?

I really have appreciated pizzamaking.com and all those who contribute on here. Thank you all for sharing your wealth of wisdom. We can all learn from each other. My favorite recipe is posted on here.

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,17415.160.html

just scroll down on the page
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 01:05:28 PM by TomN »

Offline weemis

• My Pizza Web Blog
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2012, 01:07:03 PM »
Steve, my user name pretty much explains itself. I have a 90 jeep that I converted into a rock crawler and well you know the pizza part.

mmmm... jeep pizza  :pizza:
Nick Gore - just a dough eyed wanderer

Offline weemis

• My Pizza Web Blog
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2012, 01:09:33 PM »
My real name is Nick Gore. Weemis was something i came up with mostly cause i like to see how people respond to it online. you can tell a lot about a person by the way they respond to a name like weemis  >:D

Offline SquirrelFlight

• Who needs nuts?
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2012, 01:32:40 PM »
My name is John Holeman.

There are a lot of squirrels where I grew up, and I think they're very funny.  I could spend all day laughing at squirrels.  As a result, all of my online handles since around 1990 or so have involved squirrels in some way.  Before SquirrelFlight, I used AnalogSquirrel as a kind of "revolt" against the digital culture (I'm a software engineer, and am well aware of the irony there).  At the time I changed it, I was in flight school, learning to fly helicopters (part of an attempt to change careers that did pan out due mostly to the state of the economy).  Incidentally, it turns out Squirrel Flight is the name of a charater in a children's book or cartoon or something like that.  I use the same handle on YouTube and occasionally get messages from young girls bemoaning the "waste" of my use for the name.  I had it first, kid, deal with it.   :-D

I suppose for this forum, I should have used Pizza Squirrel... or maybe Squirrel Pizza?

Offline weemis

• My Pizza Web Blog
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2012, 01:56:52 PM »
I suppose for this forum, I should have used Pizza Squirrel... or maybe Squirrel Pizza?

mmmm... squirrel pizza!

Offline Don K

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2012, 02:04:03 PM »
We have tons of squirrels in our area. They can be fun to watch. I always amazes me the lengths they will go through to get to my bird feeders.

Here's your avatar John:
The member formerly known as Colonel_Klink

Offline pizzaneer

• Pizza and zen more pizza
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2012, 02:25:30 PM »
Sweet!  Use it!  That's a great pic  ;D
I'd rather eat one good meal a day than 3 squares of garbage.

Offline SquirrelFlight

• Who needs nuts?
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2012, 02:36:54 PM »
Snagged!

Thanks!   ;D

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2012, 07:02:54 PM »
Pizzamaking.com is a member-supported public resource. Click HERE to become a Supporting Member.

Offline Ev

• Supporting Member
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2012, 08:13:23 PM »
First time I saw this squirrel flight, I was on the floor laughing. :-D http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f5d_1172741350

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2012, 09:06:05 PM »
Next time I'm up at my parents house...
Pizza is not bread.

Offline trosenberg

• Burning Desire for Pizza
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2012, 09:43:35 PM »
My real name is Ted, not Theodore.  My mother told me she didn't think I'd be smart enough to spell Theodore.... I have been in treatment ever since.  :)
Trosenberg

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
    • The Hobby Cook
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2012, 01:13:53 AM »
My real name? It's Michael.

"Essen1" is the Downtown District in my hometown. I lived there before moving to SF in the Mid-90's.  :)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 01:17:35 AM by Essen1 »
Mike

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."  - Albert Einstein

http://thehobbycook.blogspot.com/

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2012, 09:14:04 AM »
Tom Lehmann "The Dough Doctor"
I got that title hung on me back in the 1970's when I was working in Mexico (traveling for U.S. Wheat Associates) visiting bakeries fixing their problems and showing them different types of products that can be made using flour made from U.S. wheat. When I started writing for Pizza Today Magazine, Jerry Durnell (editor) asked me for a title for my column, after some discussion, I told him that I was known as "The Dough Doctor" in Mexico, and much of Latin America. It took him about two nano seconds to agree to the name of the column as "The Dough Doctor". Actually, I wanted to it to be named "In Lehmann's Terms", a play off of my last name. A few years later when Steve Green started Pizza Marketing Quarterly Magazine (PMQ) he asked me to write a column for him too, this time I got my wish, so the name of my column for PMQ is  "In Lehmann's Terms" both by "The Dough Doctor", so now I am known as The Dough Doctor, or Dough Doc, or just Doc. It is more than just a name to me, it is an honor given to me by the pizza industry.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2012, 09:40:10 AM »
and the Lab Coat your wear is very apropos Doc!
glad your here
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline bfguilford

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2012, 10:49:59 AM »
My name is Barry, and my user name is a combination of my first/last initials and the town that we live in near New Haven, CT.
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2012, 11:58:14 AM »
Actually, the lab coat came to the scene by accident. I used to travel with an apron or two in my baggage, but then an employee here at AIB left. I was his size so I had the opportunity to inherit his lab coats (Gary was a chemist), so I started packing the coats rather than the aprons just to use them. With time they became part of The Dough Doctor persona, so when it was time to get new aprons, I ditched the aprons and ordered new lab coats, but this time the inscription "The Dough Doctor" and the transformation was complete.
Tom Lehmann/TDD

Offline pizzaneer

• Pizza and zen more pizza
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2012, 06:44:34 PM »
Where did the stethoscope come from?
I'd rather eat one good meal a day than 3 squares of garbage.

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2012, 07:55:37 AM »
That's only on my likeness on the back of my business card, thanks to the graphic artist at Lloyd Pans.
Tom Lehmann/TDD