Author Topic: Any Gaming People? Older or Younger  (Read 1828 times)

Offline rcbaughn

• Supporting Member
  • Love my pup and pizza!
    • My Facebook
Re: Any Gaming People? Older or Younger
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2012, 03:21:27 PM »
I have used the same username from 1982 when we played a multiplayer game written by a graduate student on a Honeywell Multics system.  It was called "Wizards" and was real-time multiplayer, but text based.  It featured all the usual text game attributes but also included PvP.  I can still type, "cast burning hands" (a spell) at 5 times my normal typing rate.  Not a fan of FPS but I have played a lot of online flight simulator (Warbirds) and other strategy type games.  Currently not gaming, nothing much out there.

PvP is about all I do on WoW. Not into that whole role play stuff because that's just weird.

I guess I play it with the mindset of someone using multiplayer on Halo.
More is better..... and too much is just right.

Offline pythonic

• Pizza......its what's for dinner!
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2012, 07:29:08 PM »
Well geez I have to fess up again.  I use MAME, the free multiplatform arcade emulator, to play all these awesome arcade games, mostly from the late 90's.   It runs on average hardware, you don't need a growling, snorting beast like that red Alienware shockjob.   link to project page:  http://mamedev.org/ 

Really, I like it Dave! But my green-with-envy face clashes with the neons.

Until I cut my hair, I felt like a fat long-haired middle-aged loser in a garage playing video games from his youth.  Now, I feel so different!  It's like night and day!  Now I feel like a soon-to-be trim responsible business owner who has job prospects and a wonderful life!  How the hell did that happen?   :P :-D

Same here.  Do u have a MAME cabinet too?
If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball.

Offline pizzaneer

• Pizza and zen more pizza
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2012, 07:32:30 PM »
Same here.  Do u have a MAME cabinet too?

Don't even have the handmade joystick-and-six-button arcade board, but that would be cool.  How about a pic of yours?

I'd rather eat one good meal a day than 3 squares of garbage.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2012, 10:51:41 PM »
I have an old pong unit from a bar...sit down table top model. It has mug holders on the side.... 8)
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2012, 11:40:25 PM »
It has mug holders on the side.... 8)

So does my fire pit.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2012, 11:44:01 PM »
So does my fire pit.
huh...never seen that, sounds custom made.congratulations....

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2012, 11:46:10 PM »
huh...never seen that, sounds custom made.congratulations....

I don't know anyone who has a fire pit that's not custom made... this isn't Illinois you know...   ;D
Pizza is not bread.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2012, 12:04:37 AM »
I don't know anyone who has a fire pit that's not custom made... this isn't Illinois you know...   ;D
yep, so true. i once upon a time was the plant manager(2nd. shift) at an Ill. company that our major contract was with u.s. gov. installations....heavy gage mesquit grills for officers clubs, park/forest preserve grills on a pole....and perfectly round fire rings for the campers.

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2012, 12:07:09 AM »
yep, so true. i once upon a time was the plant manager(2nd. shift) at an Ill. company that our major contract was with u.s. gov. installations....heavy gage mesquit grills for officers clubs, park/forest preserve grills on a pole....and perfectly round fire rings for the campers.

It's lots of old oil field steel here.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2012, 12:21:11 AM »
ha..I left some there in 1976. thought it a bit odd that media was telling the good people of our country there was a shortage (embargo) of oil. was hard to push my 63 coupe de ville along in those lines while gazing into the beautiful texas sunset....once one's eye's could see past the arm's of the rig's pumping up and down...pumping up an down....
left that old caddi down there...a shame.

Offline SquirrelFlight

• Who needs nuts?
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2012, 11:56:02 AM »
I do like the occasional video game, but I prefer table-top games. I have a weekly gaming night with a group of friends.  Currently, it's Dungeons and Dragons (well, Pathfinder)....

Offline rcbaughn

• Supporting Member
  • Love my pup and pizza!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2012, 07:06:18 PM »
I do like the occasional video game, but I prefer table-top games. I have a weekly gaming night with a group of friends.  Currently, it's Dungeons and Dragons (well, Pathfinder)....

DnD.... The precursor to WoW and every MMO every made.

Offline zelichan

« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2012, 04:34:48 PM »

Man I haven't played a good game of D&D in ages. I still have my dices and books. I miss getting otgether with my pals playing.

I love most video games. My all-time favorites are Dig-Dug and Half Life II. I like the "old shool" as well as the newer games.

My daughter and I play Left for Dead I & II only Sunday afternoons. We play a good 3~4 hours usually.  :-D

Offline TheTestPizza

• My Dough Got Carried Away
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2012, 09:06:12 PM »
And thus, we have determined that everyone is above the legal age of 13 to be on this forum because no one has said COD, MW3, HALO, BF3, TF2, or LoL but instead Dungeons and Dragons.

Offline pizzaneer

« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2012, 09:11:20 PM »
w3t r thos?  :-D

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2012, 09:20:30 AM »
I still have my original Atari VCS that I got for Christmas in 1981 and a SNES that I got in 1993. Still use them often when I need an asteroids or missile command fix... Or a good flight on starfox. :)

I had to replace the back up battery on my super mario world cartridge last year. Had the damn game finished and one day I was back to nothing! :o Noooooooooooo!!!!! :( :'( :-D
It's an Earth food. They are called Swedish meatballs. It's a strange thing, but every sentient race has its own version of these Swedish meatballs! I suspect it's one of those great universal mysteries which will either never be explained, or which would drive you mad if you ever learned the truth.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2012, 10:18:02 AM »
Such a classic!

Offline rcbaughn

• Supporting Member
  • Love my pup and pizza!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2012, 11:13:31 AM »
I still have my original Atari VCS that I got for Christmas in 1981 and a SNES that I got in 1993. Still use them often when I need an asteroids or missile command fix... Or a good flight on starfox. :)

I had to replace the back up battery on my super mario world cartridge last year. Had the damn game finished and one day I was back to nothing! :o Noooooooooooo!!!!! :( :'( :-D

I love my SNES. It was the first console my family ever purchased. Me and my dad spent many a night before bed playing Super Mario World. The ghost house levels still bring back frustration memories and crying... Along with the random flying bullets on that stage in the cave before castle #3. I bet you know what I'm talking about, they fly at you from like 5 different ways! Haha, pretty tough for a 5 year old and a 37 year old man who has never touched a game controller.

Offline Jet_deck

« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2012, 11:21:22 AM »
I had a favorite game on the Tandy TRS-80.  It was on a cassete tape, the tape player was plugged in to the computer, and you loaded the game by pressing play on the tape player.  After about 30 minutes and 5 tries it would finally load.  The game was called I/O Miner.  The computer was nicknamed the trash 80.
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

Offline pizzaneer

« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2012, 11:26:54 AM »
Anyone else ever get the ultimate kid-geek gift of a DIY computer? I think I was 10 or so.  I had a Timex-Sinclair ZX80.  I built the thing from breadboards up, installed the minimal OS, soldered on the jacks for the tape deck.  Fun to do at the time, can't imagine why at this point. 

pizzapan