Author Topic: Any Gaming People? Older or Younger  (Read 1827 times)

Offline rcbaughn

• Supporting Member
  • Love my pup and pizza!
    • My Facebook
Re: Any Gaming People? Older or Younger
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2012, 12:10:56 PM »
Never built any kind of computer, I have always bought prebuilt units. I've only ever had a Toshiba laptop and the iMac I have now though. I have built little light and sound sensitive robots though, kinda like a little robot mouse that moves around a room based on clapping and also when it bumps into things. Fun stuff back when I was younger, doesn't do much for me now.

And Gene that is some old school stuff. I've never even seen a cassette computer in real life, only on the internet.
More is better..... and too much is just right.

Offline Don K

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2012, 01:13:38 PM »
I had a Timex Sinclair Z81 and a TRS-80 Model 1, so I must have been a super geek. In addition to buying programs on cassette tape, I used to have a subscription to a magazine (don't remember the name) that had programs that you could type in and then save to tape.

I remember getting a 5-1/4" floppy drive for my Model 1...360KB of random-access storage, woohoo! It would only take 15 seconds to load your program instead of 30 minutes with the cassette. That and a 300-baud acoustic modem. Boy times sure have changed.
The member formerly known as Colonel_Klink

Offline pizzaneer

• Pizza and zen more pizza
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2012, 01:23:54 PM »
No kiddin, my high school computer was a Macintosh IIc.  I loved that thing.  I used it for all my creative writing, poetry, school reports, science projects.  I think I even had a few games for it.  I don't think it had any online capability, but as far as I know, the internet didn't really exist at that point.
I'd rather eat one good meal a day than 3 squares of garbage.

Offline Jet_deck

« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2012, 01:42:57 PM »
....I used to have a subscription to a magazine (don't remember the name) that had programs that you could type in and then save to tape.

That and a 300-baud acoustic modem.

I remember that magazine. Pages and pages of programs with the letters so tiny you had to get a magnifying glass to read them.  I couldn't ever tell the difference between the colon and semicolon, or between the coma and period.  Great times they were.

I had forgot about the acoustic modem.  30 minutes into something and somebody would pick up the phone in some other part of the house and screw everything up.
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

Offline zelichan

« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2012, 03:37:31 PM »
Such a classic!

I always wanted one of those. We had intellivision. It was okay but didn't have a lot of cool games that I liked back then.