Author Topic: newbie  (Read 218 times)

Offline danxmanly

« on: September 11, 2012, 01:00:44 PM »
Greetings from the Dallas, TX area.  Looking to grab some ideas on which WFO will fit my needs the best to dive into the world of outdoor cooking.... on something other than a grill! 

Cheers!

Offline Jet_deck

Re: newbie
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 02:43:01 PM »
Howdy fellow Texan.  Are there any monitary restraints or is this a Carte Blanche purchase?

Some pretty good pies can be made on the grill, especially if you have the IR rotisserie burner.
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

Offline danxmanly

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 09:14:49 PM »
Yep.. have done many a pie on the triple burner + rotisserie action on a pizza stone.. with really good results.  However... looking for the WFO not only for the better cooking experience, but overall entertainment value of just keeping that bad boy fired up all night and the drinks a flowin. 

Cost wise... I'm willing to drop about 3 grand on the total setup. ( Oven and Installation ) Have seen some ovens less than $2,000 that I like, and could add a stand, some tile to give it a "somewhat" built in look, and a few accessories and stay on budget.  Just would like to be able to move it with me one day when I bolt from this casa so that's adding some additional things to consider on my purchase.

I'm hoping to finalize my decision by the end of the month so I can start enjoying the setup as the average temps start to drop below 100 here in Dallas!  ;-)

Offline Jet_deck

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 09:31:36 PM »
It was 70* here yesterday morning (5:45 am) with a slight gulf breeze, it really felt cool.  The Warden grabbed a jacket or a shawl (I don't know the difference) so she didn't freeze before taking the kids to school.  I know nothing about commercially built ovens, but some here do.  I hope you make a wise decision.

What styles are you looking to cook?  Pizza only or bread and meat dishes also?
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends